My photo
Mother of 3 kids, 2 dogs and wife of a fabulous hubby who doesn't mind if I play with my inks and papers.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Think Lovely Thoughts - CASE Study #10

I have been seeing some beautiful cards made for the CASE study and had to go check out the challenge #10 which is inspired by Barbara Anders.

Here is my take on the challenge:

Here's Barbara's beautiful card:



Loved the colors and it immediately inspired me to pull out my October Afternoon Thrift store pack looking for the black and cream sheets.

I wanted to have an image that would look good stamped in black with just a touch of color and thought of the wonderful images from the Artistic Outpost Neverland plate with the children flying over the city.   I also created my other backgrounds using Hero Arts Old French Writing and Elusive Images. (Thanks Lesley!)

I even added a little pouch of pixie dust! :)

I am thinking this card is going to my baby sister. Not such a baby anymore. :) But she will appreciate the whimsy.

Hope you are having a wonderful Friday!

Suzz

20 comments:

  1. I was so affected by Mary Martin's version of Peter Pan that for years I dreamed about flying! So this is very special to me - love the pixie dust! GREAT take on the inspiration card, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the inspiration piece! The October Afternoon and your stamped pattern paper look wonderful with this timeless image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, this is fabulous! I love that you only used the black and cream! Gorgeous panels! What a fun scene with the children flying and brilliant idea to add the pouch of pixie dust! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Suzz. your panel layout is very effective and what gorgeous stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY--this is such an amazing card. You are truly inspiring, Sue! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are sharing your talents with us!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Sue! The black and cream is very classic and the image is wonderful. I love Peter Pan so think I might need those stamps, Lol!
    The stamped panels are gorgeous and I thought I recognised the EI stamp.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. it really is quite whimsical Suzz... love the colours. Just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the challenge, Suzanne! I love the colors and the sentiment! So meaningful! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Suzz! This image is just the sweetest and love how you've portrayed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! Love the kids flying in the air. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this card, Suz! The layered images and ribbons are fabulous together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing design, Sue! I just love it!
    blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww... such a lovely image. beautiful card and i really like the sentiment. love this, Sue! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely gorgeous Suzanne!! I love the mix of DS papers on the background! Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another super card! Love that darling vintage Peter Pan image you used and that Pixie Dust is a great touch~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this..Color combo is so warm and Love this image.. So inspirational !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad that you decided to play, Suzz! Not only it's a truly gorgeous card, but also it brings back the memories of my childhood dreams, that I cherish :)
    Thank you for playing with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on the challenge! Love the layers and the paper you used is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love teh B/W papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!