Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Oh so Pretty

Distress Oxides are in the house!  I spent a bit of the weekend having a lovely time inking up and playing with the new distress inks. 

I made many backgrounds and I did manage to create one tag/card. 
This was sponged with the new inks over one of the new layering stencils.  I wanted an ombre effect and I sponged heavily along the bottom and continued upwards with a lighter and lighter inking.

When I was done I added water to the leftover ink on the craft mat and dabbed it up with the tag to get a few inky splatters.

Then I stamped the new flowers and mason jar on the front.  I added a few butterflies and was done.
 But then I thought this would look good on a tall and narrow card. So I cut off the top of the tag and put it onto a card base.  Now I can send it out to a friend.

I wanted to share all the fun I had this weekend so I took photos of my backgrounds.

I love how the inks run and blend.  On the left sample I smeared the ink across the mixed media paper in three bands of ink.  I then just used water to get it to drip down the paper and blend.

On the right I sponged on the inks to create the gradient colors and then splashed with water.  I love how the watermarks pop on the new ink.

The one on the left is ink smeared directly onto the piece of mixed media paper and then multiple iterations of water sprayed, dried and sprayed again over the surface.  The one the right picked up the leftover ink on the craft mat in yellow, blue and brown.  This one I have started a new project with and love where it is going. Hopefully to be finished this week.

I sponged the Amber color through the new stencil on my left tag and then spritzed with water to see if it would get a more speckled effect.  The right side was ink on a acrylic block spritzed with water and placed on the cardstock.  I then came back and flicked water on the surface.
Finally another piece of smeared ink and spritzing with water to get the drip down effect.  I did the green and blue first and then came back and added brown along the top to overrun the other colors. I wanted the colors to intensify after they dried so I covered the surface with Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Thanks for sticking around to see all the fun backgrounds.



  1. Fabulous samples and I love your finished card! Looks like you had a great time playing at the weekend!

  2. Love these samples! I just got mine and spent ages on Sunday playing, love them. The finished card is fab!

  3. Your backgrounds are just beautiful, it looks like you had lots of fun : )


Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!