Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Year in Review

Happy Weekend!  I am thoroughly enjoying some family time and have been messing up my craft room with projects.  I wanted to do a recap of this year and browsed through my cards folders to find some of my favorites of this past year to share with you. Sorry for the long post. In no particular order as I pulled them off my computer and the files are not in any sequence necessarily... Sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

I love the soft flowers, lace and shabby chic effect.  I love using verses and haven't had the chance lately to do as much of that as I would like. 

Our AO DT challenge was Steampunk Spring..... I wondered if you could do a feminine soft and shabby chic steampunk.....

I just love this brocade background stamp and that frame was a leftover die cut scrap... I always forget to think about using them as frames..

This metal clipboard was sooo fun to decorate and made me think of the farm which inspired the images and hardware:
Flowers and Butterflies... Need I say more. :)
I loved how the images all flowed in this mini book based on the shape of the stamp:


The next two cards start from Mojo Monday Sketches. Mojo Monday is the best source for sketches. 


I loved the Retro feel of the colors and images on this card.

The next two weren't' on my favorite lists.  They were pinned over and over again on Pinterest, so I thought I would include them in the year in review for that reason.  I find it interesting what I love when I am done and what seems to strike a chord with other people. :)  

This was a scrapling using new stamps from Memory Box and again just using up bits and pieces from another project.
This was a last minute project as part of the Hero Arts blog hop and seemed to create itself.. (Love when that happens)

I am so in love with Monochromatic / Neutral color schemes and this one was one of my favorites because of the gold and brown tones.

I loved the idea of the the triple house and the house within the house design:


This tag and pocket include my favorite flowers and butterflies as well as a distressed effect that I love:

I love bottles and the frillier, shabby chic the better.. I loved the effect of the lavender and silver:
This was my first burrowing out of a book and the stamps were Flower Market from AO and to me it was a perfect combination:


I started with a Metal Star and you can't go wrong from there.  I loved the Pearl texture on the tissue paper over the metal:


Lighthouses, Wood grain and a Masculine card.  Masculine cards are so hard to create and the lighthouse and wood grain stamps seem to help get passed that. :)

Layers of texture and ink... I love playing with my glimmer mist and layering it on and this card has a little bit of everything.

Mo Manning stamps are a favorite of mine.  She is an illustrator and her images expressions are what catch  my eye.  This girl is so sweet.  

I tried something new here and the end result worked. Love when that happens. :)

This acrylic album was a new type of project and I was pleased at the end result.

My first post of SSSS which has inspired more three dimensional projects which I have been enjoying.  I loved the distress stains on the wood spoons and how fun and quirky these spoons are.

I love the shape of the arches and the inspiration they bring...

Tim Holtz's Tags always speak to me and inspire me to create.  This tag was inspired by one of his twelve tags of 2012.


This striking image  spoke to me and I used the new distress inks which are so bright and perfect for painting the image.


Vintage Circus and a Star both together in bright happy colors made this a fun project for me and made it really easy to put it together.

This card took me several tries but the end result pleased me because of the layering of the images.

Another different use of an old book with folds and borders. I love trying something new and different and this gave me a chance to explore a different type of creating.

Love the glossy stamped and cut leaves and the rich autumn colors:

My favorite images for Christmas are the angels and the nativity scene add in Christmas music and it symbolizes everything for the holiday.

I just realized I didn't include anything from December... I think it is because it is all fresh in my mind.. :)  But if I had to chose one from December it would be my blog header / card posted here.  Sorry for the long post and hope you enjoyed the review. :)

Suzz

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful review! I just love the tags you featured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - too many beautiful projects to comment on but they are brilliant and such a variety too - thanks for sharing. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could look at your work all day long! Amazing, Suzz - love each one you shared today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a wonderful review of fantastic projects just going to show just how talented you are and I have loved reading about each and every one. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, your work always leaves me speechless! If I had to pick a favorite of these, it's the lavender Arches - a bird, flowers, lace, pearls, and a wonderful sentiment. Thank you for your constant inspiration and generosity! Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your year end wrap up. Your work always has a fresh approach to it. Thank you for sharing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and creative year you've had - your work is beautiful. It was such a pleasure to look through the highlights in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm absolutely blown away by your work Suzanne!!! What a stunning stunning year of creativity. Thank-you for such incredible inspiration. Looking forward to more ... Happy New Year, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic review!! very inspiring, An eclectic and amazing variety of creativity, and a reminder to photograph before I send/give away my own art.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Suzi...your cards are drop dead GORGEOUS!!....BEAUTIFUL...i have a few favorites...like your first one...wow!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review and a stunning collection of exquisite art! Happy New Year, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cars and projects,great review,Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous review! These creations captured you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!