Thursday, April 11, 2013

Half Finished Projects

Good Day to You!  I hate half finished projects.  I started down a path yesterday with two different projects. One was another scrap pulled from the re-cycle bin and the other a brand new project. Now I have two projects half way there and I have no clue as to how to finish them.  Does that ever happen to you? 

Since those two projects are not going anywhere, I dug into my scraps and created a completely new card.  
 I thought I might trick my muse into letting me finish the other two by working on something completely different.  So far it isn't working. :)

I took a scrap of misted paper and stamped the Postcard stamp from Hero Arts collage set over the surface.  I had the Stampers Anonymous butterflies on my desk and decided to add them to the postcard and pulled the sentiment as well from a SA set.  I added a few flourishes from the Hero Arts collage set and done. 

The butterfly layers were stamped and colored but to make them sparkly I added a coat of the Stampendous Crystal Embossing Powder.  I really love the clear shimmer it gives.  I distressed the edges and mounted my image onto a black cardbase. 

Products: Hero Arts - Postcard Collage, Hero Arts - Friend Collage, Stampers Anonymous - Attic Treasures, Stampendous Crystal Embossing PowderTattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Teal Gems, STAEDTLER Fineliner Plus Marker

Have a wonderful day!

Suzz


5 comments:


  1. You would despair if you saw the number of unfinished projects I have waiting for some TLC, lol! The thing is I'm not stuck for how to finish them just need the time (or to speed up is more like it ;D). At least we got to see this lovely card as a bonus Sue. Love the flourishes and the pretty sparkly butterflies.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how this turned out, Sue! Great combination of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage look postcard... and I hope the other two projects will come leaping back to life - give them time to marinade!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning finish to your card Suzz. It is extra ordinarily beautiful vintage look that you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sometimes add a thin layer over it, when I'm not satisfied, sometimes it does the trick. Never throw it away... hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!