Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spring

Welcome back to the STAEDTLER and Stampendous Blog Hop!  Today I decided to play with Fimo as part of my project.


I started from the special effects STAEDTLER Fimo in a lovely shade of blue. I rolled it out and stamped the Cling Minuet Bird stamp into the Fimo.  I spritzed my stamp first with water before stamping into the Fimo. After the imaged was stamped I covered the surface with gold paint and into the stamped image.  I used a baby wipe to remove the excess. I sponged the edges with gold ink.  I put a gold gem into the eye of the bird. I left this to dry.
I painted a wooden box with a mix of blue and gold paint.  I added a piece of gauze painted in blue paint.  I spritzed a piece of tissue paper with gold mist.  I crinkled it ad added a touch of brown dye ink.  I then stamped the Daisy Cluster onto white cardstock and colored with the STAEDTLER watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. I cut out the flowers and butterfly and attached to the tissue paper.  I then added a sprinkle of Oceanic Glass Glitter over the background.



Each  STAEDTLER designer is giving away this fabulous Sweet Summer prize package shown below!  To be eligible to win, please leave a comment on this blog post or on this post by Wednesday May 29th, 11:59pm CDT.  I'll use the Random Number generator to select a winner, and will post the winner here on my blog on Friday, May 31st.
The "Sweet Summer" Giveaway includes the following:
1 Set of 6 Triplus fineliners, pastel assortment
4 blocks of FIMO soft oven-bake clay in vanilla, peach, lilac and mint
1 Mars plastic eraser
1 Double hole metal pencil sharpener
1 Mars Lumograph sketch pencil
1 Pigment liner sketch pen
2 Creative idea brochures
  
Stampendous will be giving away a prize every day to one lucky winner!  The winner will be chosen from comments left on the participating designers blogs for that day. So make sure to hop over and see what everyone has created!
For more inspiration, visit the Design Team members who are participating in today's hop:
STAEDTLER DT:
Suzanne Czosek (You are here)  * Kellie Mowat 


Stampendous DT:
Stampendous Impressions * Krissy Fossmeyer * Kristine Reynolds * Suzanne Czosek (You are here)* Lea Kimmel  * Rhea Weigand

Thanks so much for stopping by, 

Suzz

46 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project this is, I've never tried stamping into Fimo but this just might change soon (none in my stash other than some "lapis lazuli")

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this box! Must stock up on Fims for all these new things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your fimo and box project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning project, Suzz! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful! I love how the bird looks in the clay and the colors are so striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, love love the clay piece with the bird stamped into it, the touches of gold are perfect. Beautiful flowers too. Wonderful design. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful! I love all of the little details! The gold around the edges of the clay, the bird's eye, the blue gauze and the tissue paper! Such a wonderful Spring box! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! I haven't tried any Fimo projects myself, but I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love this amazing spring/summer box, all those added details are so beautifully crafted. My favorite is the butterfly atop those stunning flowers, such striking colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a beautiful piece! I love how the stamped FIMO piece turned out, and such great textures on the rest of the piece too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful use of the clay...love the subtle image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Sue, beautiful, love the effect of the blue gold shades on top of the fimo - very effective

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! So absolutely gorgeous!! I love the blue all through out your gorgeous piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anyone would LOVE to get this as a gift! Beautiful composition!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card! The Fimo looks great on it and it's so lush!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome project!! The FIMO piece looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, your card is STUNNING! The Fimo embellishment looks amazing and the flowers add such a gorgeous backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm speechless. This is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous. I love the little bird embellishmet created with the fimo and think I need to try some of it! There would be lots of great possibilities and ways to use the product.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea! Project turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome projects! You always provide great inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. suzanne, i am adding this project to my bucket list, wow, my nose was 2 inches from the computer screen reading and checking out the deets.. thanks for sharing, great inspiration and be proud of this one....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning altered box, Suzz. I love the colors you have chosen. The embellishing is perfect for spring! Love it.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful, Suzz! Love just the color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great project.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the altered art piece Suzanne... great colors and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Guess I'm going to have to try some Fimo...this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stamping into Fimo and covering it with gold paint then wiping some away! This box is perfect for my friend's living room! They have set up a bird oasis outside their huge window in that room. They sit and read and watch the birds there! She also has the room decorated with birds, nests and feathers! This box would fit in there quite nicely! I had better get to work on all these awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  29. fabulous project Suzz. I've missed a few posts so heading back to look.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Completely glorious card - love the rustic natural look, and that Fimo embellishment is brilliant - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  31. You always work magic when using blue and yellow/gold! The chick is too cute! Now, after a long time, I need to dig out my FIMO and try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You have inspired me to try FIMO. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful project. I am now inspired to try stamping on clay! I hope my results are as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great project. I love the look of the subltle colors on the bird, and gem eye. I think I will have to experiment with this.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! The fimo medallion is spectacular and such a great embellie for the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So much work but the outcome is fabulous..just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous! I never thought of stamping into FIMO, thanks for the idea!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a pretty card! I love the tissue paper and guaze and the colors! My favorite thing is the bird stamping into the FIMO, so cool! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous project; very creative. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love that precious birdie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am blown away by your versatile projects. I have been wanting to stamp on clay after seeing some clay tags on pinterest. Here is my latest inspiration on your blog, I can't wait to try it. The colors of the entire project are just fabulous! I have been familiar with Staedtler products since childhood, they are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful altered box! Love the way the fimo embellishment turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!