Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sparkling Santa

I am enjoyingg some time to actually play in my craft room and have been out looking for challenges to inspire me.  I found a challenge called Cardabilities which has inspiring art and sketches and the Mixed Media Card Challenge which gives me a chance to mix up my textures on a card and more inspiration.



 I love these vintage Santa images and I probably have about 4 different stamps Vintage St. Nick.  This one is from LaBlanche and worked well with the sketch.

 I stamped him with Archival ink and colored him with STAEDTLER Karat Aquareall watercolor pencils and a waterbrush.

I added a splatter with a mix of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Patina and Ranger Spray - Silver.  The Joy to You is an old stamp from Hero Arts stamped in Ranger Archival Ink. I layered in a few stars, feathers, and some swirly branches.


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz 



13 comments:

  1. I love this card! The Santa is wonderful and you have a beautifully designed card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! I love the vintage Santa. And what a creative use of feathers! Thanks so much for playing in the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous - I'd forgotten I have this stamp. I must get it out again for this year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful card! thanks for joining in with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sparkle and softness of your card and especially admire the frayed edges of the borders. Such a simple technique with great impact here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Suzz! I love all the light layers and distressed edges combined with the sparkly stars and soft feathers, yet St Nick is still the star of the show! Thanks so much for playing along at the Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful card, thank you for joining in with us over at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome vintage Santa! Thanks for joining in at Cardabilities~

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful sparkly christmas card, the vintage image, colours, feathers make it feel so magical and lovable. Thank you for sharing this at the Mixed Media |Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see you at the MMCC, Suzz. I love the unexpected softness thanks to the feathers. What an original idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful ... Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!