Friday, April 3, 2015

Create Magic

Good Friday to you.  I am here to share a project which I have been struggling with for over a week. I was going to show you my first attempt but I just can't. :)  The Mixed Media Place Creative Gym Exercise is  one of my favorite new challenges because the team is very inspirational and they are challenging me to explore new ideas.   I am playing along with their current exercise #6 which is about Typography.

 I started with a full journal page and ending cutting it up to salvage what was left of my background and creating this card.

I decided to layer in two types of typography in the background.  I heat embossed clear stamped letters onto the background with embossing powder and stenciled larger letters using embossing paste.  I also had tissue tape in the background which was painted and misted over many times so you can't see it.

After much tussling about with my background I ended up added the Sizzix dragonfly die cut from a failed piece of this background and highlighted with gold paint.  I used a few flower gems and turned them dark with a touch of a black copic marker and painted a touch of gold on the surface.  The lace was died with brown ink sprays which look purple in this light. The sentiments are from the new Finnabair stamps which I have been playing with.

Have a lovely Friday!

Sue

7 comments:

  1. Your dragonfly is stunning! The whole card is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love your colors and details - the clear embossed typed letters are great against that grungy green, as is that dragonfly! Don't know what the original looked like, but you've made a wonderful piece from it - xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card with so many gorgeous techniques! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, the dragonfly is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with MMP :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Adore this one! So stunning! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place Gym!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing! Thank you for joining our challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!