Saturday, January 16, 2016

Time Flies

Hi There!  I feel like I haven't created anything in awhile but I have been creating, but just not sharing yet! :)  I just joined the Creative Crew with Canvas Corp Brands and am loving it!  I have already posted a project on misting on the blog if you would like to check it out it is posted here.   The Canvas Corp Brands is sponsoring the Words and Paintery January Challenge this month which is one of my favorite color challenges so a perfect opportunity for me to use my new CCB products and play along.  You can see what the Creative Crew created for the challenge on the Canvas Corp Brands blog.   I also decided to use the Mixed Media Monthly challenge of "Time Flies" as it works really well with the inspirational phrase on the Words and Paintery Challenge. 


I went with the time flies and used a Verses sentiment which reminds us to focus on the current moments and what you can do today because that is life.  I layered a lot of goodies into this one card. :)  I think I was making up for lost time.
Some basic instructions for those of you who might wonder what I was up to:

1. Spray the glimmer mists onto the craft mat in various places and add water to soften the colors.
2. Drag, place and smear the paper onto the mists. Repeat as desired. (I made about 10 backgrounds from this one series, so you may be seeing these colors again!)
3. Stamp image of girl on scrap backgrounds using brown ink. Heat emboss with brown embossing powder. Cut to fit timepiece.
4. Spray time piece with brown glimmer mist. Let dry.  Using glue pen dab around the edges and sprinkle with gold ultrafine glitter.
5. Cut bee from paper.  Color with brush and glimmer mists sprayed on craft mat. Let dry. Dab glue on wings and sprinkle with gold ultrafine glitter.
6. Cover timepiece and bee with versamark ink. (I used an old inkpad as I knew the glitter was going to get onto my ink pad.  Heat emboss with clear embossing powder. While still warm apply more embossing powder and repeat.
7. Stamp sentiment in brown on background and heat emboss using brown embossing powder.
8. Stencil numbers using light brown ink over background. 

The rest is layering and assembling.

Products:  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists - Atlantic, Cross My Heart, It's Brown, Tattered Angels - Time Piece, 7 Gypsies - Pyramid Antique Silver, 7 Gypsies Tag, Canvas Corp Brands - Watering Can Pattern paper, 7 Gypsies Lace Trim, Stampendous - Bark Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder, Ultrafine Gold Embossing Powder, Idea-Ology - Film Strip,  Stampers Anonymous - Girl Stamp, Ranger Archival Ink - Coffee, Verses Rubber Stamps - Rose Kennedy Quote

The Challenge Images:






Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as ever Suzz, and huge congratulations on your Canvas Corp position!!! So pleased for you - and they are lucky to have you! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! The quote is a great reminder as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the vintage and grungy look of this.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is wonderful!! Love, love, love the composition and vintage feel of this project, - adorable and of course thanks for adding it to our challenge at MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful project - always love to see your works of art

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! I love the grungy effect. Thank you for joining Words&Paintery this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you're busy and having fun. This is a darling card. I love how grungy it is and yet so soft. The girl looks amazing framed like this and the details on the bee are perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quote and the vintage look you achieved! Thank you for sharing this with us at Mixed Media Monthly! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I just love this!! I am going to grab out my glimmer mists - and play! Thank you for the inspiration and Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece & a great quote! Always remember a dirty versamark inkpad belongs to a happy crafter - you've been creating & probably need to go shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking! Love the grungy mood and motifs used. Thank you for playing along with Words and Paintery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!
    Thank You for joining our challenge at Words & Paintery! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!