Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Flourishes - The Name Game Challenge

The Flourishes blog challenged players to come up with new challenge ideas and you could win a chance to be the hostess of the challenge and one of the new stamp sets in the release. Well... I suggested a challenge idea and it was selected. Yeah!  Today is the day for my challenge over on the Flourishes blog. My challenge is called the Name Game.
 
How to Play: Simply use your monogram as the inspiration for your creation! So, if your name starts with an “J” – add jewels! What about “B” –add a bow! How about a “P” – use a punch! Just that simple! Just make sure you share your initials and the things you used on your creation that were name inspired! 

I created two cards using the new release Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.  

My initials were "S" - Stamping, "L" - Liquid Pearls, "C" - Coloring 

The set has this beautiful row of mistletoe. I thought since the set was all about mistletoe which led me to think of  love,  that I would create a heart shaped wreath of mistletoe. 
Recipe: 
  1. Curve the row of mistletoe clear stamp on the acrylic block to create the right half of the heart.
  2. Ink up with black ink and stamp on white cardstock. (This took a few times to get it right as it requires a little more pressure to get an even stamp if you curve the stamp.) 
  3. Lay the acrylic block over the stamped image and reverse the stamp on the acrylic block following the lines of the stamped image. 
  4. Ink up the stamp with black ink and stamp next to the image on cardstock. 
  5. I also could have die cut a heart and lined up my stamp using the guideline of the punched image.
  6. Color heart using watercolor pencils and waterbrush. 
  7. Stamp additional mistletoe bunch using black ink. Color with watercolor pencil and waterbrush. 
  8. Accent berries using white liquid pearls. 
  9. Cut out heart and mistletoe accents. 
  10. Shadow inside of heart with pink watercolor pencil. 
  11. Stamp sentiment in center of heart using black ink. 
  12. Die cut shapes from white and green cardstock. Sponge edges of white die cut using pink dye ink. 
  13. Cut background paper (Memory Box - Yuletide) 
  14. Round opposite corners. 
  15. Tie ribbon and bows. 
  16. Assemble Card.
The second card uses  "S" - Stamping, "L" - Layering, "C" - Coloring

The card was a simple stamping, coloring and accenting the berries with a touch of glitter. 

For all the details on the fun challenge go to the Flourishes blog.  For more fabulous inspiration visit the DT: 

Christine Okken
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger
Makiko Jones

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

19 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! I love your idea, it's such a creative and unique challenge!! I love both of your cards and I think you have some fabulous talent!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards! Fabulous work and thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Sue! Any suggestions for "I"?? (my maiden name) Congratulations!! Your cards are lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea for a challenge, love it and your cards are stunning. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue I love your idea! I think it's fantastic and I love your cards! I'm new to your blog and I've loved nosing around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Lin have both used my favorite colors for this fabulous challenge! Both cards are so beautiful, Suzz and what a neat idea for a challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beautifully, delicately coloured classy cards Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for a great challenge Suzanne! I love how you've used the mistletoe bough...it's fantastic as a heart shape! So creative, and I love the pop of the liquid pearls too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are beautiful. I love the idea of making the heart. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are so pretty Suzz. I love your mistletoe heart. Love the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards - creative use of the Mistletoe! Love your coloring and the pops of green! Fun Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Such gorgeous and festive artwork! They're picture perfect! What a fun challenge idea also!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! I love it! Your cards aare gotgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful cards and such a wonderful idea, I'm joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and what a cute idea, I just added mine. It would be so much fun to win and of course Flourishes are always at the top of my list to order each month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both so pretty. That sure does sound like a fun challenge..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to have you as our challenge hostess this week, and with such a fun idea! Your cards are beautiful.... I love how you used those boughs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both such lovely cards, lots of dimension and wonderful colors, what a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, this is going to date me, but the sentiment on the first one is from a song in the 40's. LOLOL The cards are beautiful. Love your choice of colors and embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!