Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Colors and Food

I fell off the ICAD bandwagon. I was sidetracked with a few DT projects.  But I am back... The theme for the next week was paint and in addition the daily prompts were foots and vegetables.  I spent some time on Sunday finding mists and inks to create color combinations based on the fruits and vegetables.  Very fun!  I am not going in order for these but I did make all the backgrounds and haven't finished them yet.

For this ICAD I had the words Parsnip and Kiwi.  Being too lazy to do the upfront work of checking the color of Parsnip I just realized it is not green! :O  I am sticking with the story that I picked up the green in the leafy bit on the top and not the root part of the vegetable. 
I am enjoying pulling out some of my favorite stamps which haven't had any ink in awhile and using them on these cards.  I used all Hero Arts stamps on this ICAD.  There is a Hero Arts Collage stamp that I have in the drawer that inspired this composition as it has the mandarin letters, butterflies and a frond in the background.  I used the butterflies a Kanji Poem and the dandelion instead of the frond.   I used a mix of Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray, Ranger Distress Stain (Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint)

Next up Lime & Mango, I love this color combo and actually made about 3 backgrounds with these colors. I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine sprays for this one.  They have a shimmer in them which is lovely.
I love this stamp it is from Memory Box. Dave drew around three of these types of trees in one release and I held onto two of them because I love how whimsical they were.   I just stamped it and colored with my STAEDTLER watercolor pencils.  I used Idea-Ology Stickers on both of my cards for the sentiments. Loving the new one that I just bought as it has fully sentiments that you can cut up and use.

Have a happy Tuesday!

Suzz

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Suzz, the colours are so refreshing and I love the imagery and sentiments. Love your SSS post below too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Suzz! I love the fresh summer colours in both of these pieces and who doesn't love butterflies!! What a great tree, sort of reminds me of a fantasy forest, fabulous! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!