Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Heart of Art

Salutations!  I have been busy playing with a new stencil from Darkroom Door the Small Heart Stencil.


The stencils are fun because they come with the cut out opening but also with the reverse mask!  I used it on this tag to protect my heart after I created it.

I started with using the heart stencil to layer a second stencil under the heart opening and then using embossing paste to create a heart shape of the first stencil.

I let the embossing paste dry and then placed the heart over the textured letters and misted with a mix of distress oxide sprays.

After that dried I used a black pen and charcoal pencil to outline the heart.

I then masked the heart and stamped the pencils along the side of my tag.  I came back with the original creativity stencil and put post it notes around the words create art and used black embossing paste to add the words along the top.

I finished it all off with a splattering of mists and using the texture stamp I added some black spots.

I love how graphic this design was.  But I was off playing with other ideas that were much cleaner in composition.


I wanted to use the beautiful Part of You Quote as the focal point and then just add a soft shaded  heart around the center to accent the heart section of the quote.  I love hos simple this is and how it makes the quote shine.
 

As I looked through my many Darkroom Door stamps this little robin popped out at me.  I decided he would be the perfect fit inside the heart.

I laid out the heart in the center of my card and stamped the robin over the opening.  After I stamped the robin I sponged antique linen around the edges.

I then added a little shading around the outside of the heart with a water color pencil.  To add the script I used the mask to cover my stamped bird and sponged heart.  I then used the script stamp to stamp over the masked heart to give me a background of stamping.

I finished off the sweet bird with a little bit of thread with a button and a lovely little sentiment. 

 I wanted to share a few other things I was playing with by layering stencils. 
I first stenciled the creativity in a blue dye ink and then came back with the stencil and sponged the hearts with antique linen randomly over the surface.
I wanted to show you what the stencil and mask look like and you can see the remnants of my projects on the stencil/mask.  I will need to use some stamp cleaner to clean them up later. :)

I have my last two projects which both use the same quote and splattering but two different effects  with the stencil. 
 On the first one I stamped the Wordblock stamp through the stencil and then sponged a lovely pink over the words.  I then outlined the heart with a black pen and watercolor pencil.

The second one uses the same quote but the heart contains an embossing paste stenciled words with a distress ink spray over the image.

Well I hope you have enjoyed the tour of hearts today!  I have included links to everything from Darkroom Door below in the products list.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

Products:
Darkroom Door - Small Heart Stencil 
Darkroom Door - Medium Creativity Stencil
Darkroom Door - Quote Stamp - Part of You 
Darkroom Door - Eclectic Stamp - Robin 
Darkroom Door - Eclectic Stamp - Pencils
Darkroom Door - Texture Stamp - French Script
Darkroom Door - Texture Stamp - Splatter
Darkroom Door - Wordblock - Love
Ranger Distress Inks - Broken China, Antique Linen
Ranger Distress Oxide Inks - Picked Raspberry
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black 
Ranger Distress Oxide Sprays - Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber 
Ranger Distress Sprays - Picked Raspberry
Watercolor Pencils
Watercolor Brush
Sponge / Applicator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!