Sunday, July 7, 2019

Happy Birthday!

Hi!  Happy Birthday to all you July Birthdays!  We have a big month of birthdays in July in our family.  This month had me working in overtime creating cards!  Lucky for me I had the new Darkroom Door Birthday stamp to help inspire some of my cards for this month.

My first inspiration was to play with the coordinating Darkroom Door Candles stamp and create an overlapping sentiment with the fun birthday candles. 

I colored the candles with watercolor markers and spritzed with a little water and stamped them.  I repeated the colors and did it again to give me a fun row of candles. 

Next I colored the sentiment with the same markers and stamped onto cardstock. I cut the sentiment out and layered it up. 

I then found some white raffia and colored it with the same markers to coordinate and wrapped it around the card front and tied it.

My final touch was to add gloss to the balloon and pop dot the sentiment over the raffia.  A quick and easy birthday card!

 My next card I wanted to add one of the sweet birds from the new bird life set.  I stamped him first in the corner.  I then masked the balloon on the sentiment with a post - it note and inked up the sentiment. Pulled off the post-it note and stamped the sentiment. 

I liked the idea of the balloon, that inspired me to cut a slit under the beak of the bird.  I colored some coordinating twine and inked up cardstock with the same colors.  After that I drew a balloon and cut it out to coordinate.  (I originally tried the balloon on the sentiment but it was very out of proportion and I had to hand draw mine. :)

I colored the bird with some watercolor pencils and a waterbrush.  Another sweet and simple card for a family member.

Next up a little Fireworks inspiration!  This card took me quite a few tries as I was trying different ideas to get the fireworks to light up!  

I actually created this sentiment for the first card but didn't like how the ombre effect didn't pop with the candles.  Hence the ombre background on the card with the fireworks to coordinate.

I ended up creating three versions of the ombre with the fireworks.  This version was my favorite.  I stamped the fireworks on white cardstock with versamark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  

I then sponged the three distress oxide inks over and blended them together.  I used dry paper towels to brush off the excess ink and brighten the fireworks.  I added a few tiny gems for pop of sparkles.

Last but not least was a simple flower card with the fun sentiment with the balloon masked again.

I inked up the daisy stamp with distress oxide ink around the edges and colored the center with a marker and spritzed with water.  I stamped off the image a few times to get a softer image on the background.  I repeated with the script and butterflies. 

I then stamped the sentiment over the stem with an archival ink. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

Products:
Darkroom Door Small Stamp - Birthday
Darkroom Door Eclectic Stamp - Candles
Darkroom Door Eclectic Stamp - Daisy
Darkroom Door Texture Stamp - French Script 
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set - Bird Life 
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set - Wings 
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set - Celebration
Ranger Distress Markers - Seedless Preserves, Crushed Olive, Worn Lipstick, Gathered Twigs, Fossilized Amber
Ranger Distress Oxides - Seedless Preserves, Crushed Olive, Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber ,
 Gathered Twigs
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black, Peat Moss
Versamark Watermark Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Twine
Raffia
Ranger Glossy Accents 
Tiny Gems
Staedtler Watercolor Pencils 


1 comment:

  1. I always love your cards Suzanne, but these are so beautiful, all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!