Tuesday, October 29, 2019

I'm Seeing Stars

Hi!  I am back to share a post highlighting the new Darkroom Door Star Small Stencil!


 I had some linen material on my desk from my last project and reached out to that first.  I applied gesso to the linen and  had to wait until that dried.  While that was drying I spent some time making stars with the stencil on paper with embossing paste.   After the painted linen dried I created stars on the painted linen with embossing paste. 

I waited for a few to dry and stamped on the star by placing the stencil back in place and stamping over the stencil with script.

I added a hint of stamping in the background with a gold ink and a music stamp.   I stamped the believe stamp onto a piece of leftover linen and embossed with gold embossing powder.  It is a little difficult to see on this angle but looks beautiful IRL.

I sewed the golden star onto the center of the embossed star.  It actually worked really well with the embossing paste. It was like sewing through a soft batting. :)

I added a stamped No. 25 from the Merry Mail stamp set.

On my next linen background I used a few different sprays to add some color to the background and star.

While the embossed star is wet I sprayed a variety of brown, ivory and gold inky sprays.  After it dried the script was stamped over the star.  Then I stamped the Believe onto a scrap of painted linen with Versamark.  I heat embossed using gold embossing powder.  I then inked up the edges with the brown inky spray.

The rest were fun embellishments that were painted with gold metallic paint and attached to the linen background.

While everything was drying at different times I spent some time using the stencil with distress inks.


I started with yellow stars sponged on a white background.  I then pulled out the cobalt blue ink and started to add accents to the background.


Then I accented with some splatters in the background and some stars and accents from different sets.
 
My final card mixed the sunshine stencil with the star mask/stencil.  I placed the star mask under the sunshine stencil on a piece of white cardstock. 

I sponged over the entire layered stencils with a yellow die ink.  I then removed both stencils and placed the star stencil over the white star and sponged in the ink. It leaves a little white line around the star which I highlighted with white gel pen to accent. 

I added a few coordinating stars and sentiment in a soft orange ink.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

Products: (Links to Darkroom Door)
Darkroom Door Small Stencil Star
Darkroom Door Small Stencil Sunshine 
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set Merry Mail 
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set Christmas Reindeer
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set New York Vol 1
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set Stars 
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set Simple Sayings Vol 1
Ranger Distress Inks - Fossilized Amber, Ground Espresso, Wild Honey
Ranger Archival Ink - Cobalt
Dylusions Shimmer Spray - Melted Chocolate
Ranger Distress Stain Sprays - Antique Linen, Ground Espresso, Fossilized Amber, Tarnished Brass
Versamark Watermark Ink
Ranger Wendy Vecchi - Embossing Paste
Tsukeniko Delicata Gold Ink
Ranger Gold Embossing Powder 
Dina Wakely White Gesso
Prima Alchemy Gold Metallique Paint


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous starry cards - I especially love the two linen ones. I've just been enjoying your Saturday Showcase over at TFJB too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!