Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Sunflowers and Sunshine

 Hi!  I am looking forward to the garden and all the beautiful flowers and sunshine!  I am going to share a card using the new Darkroom Door Planted Sunflower.  

I stamped the image multiple times.  I tried with a brown, gray and black.  I decided to go with the gray to allow me to add some color and make the images pop with some shading and layering.

This lovely image had me pulling out my watercolor pencils to color the images.  I used a waterbrush to soften and blend the colors.  The flower and leaves were colored twice and cut out to layer a ring of petals and leaves.   

The center of the sunflower was colored with the watermark pen and then I sprinkled with the distress embossing powder.  It gave it a nice bumpy texture. 

To add a few highlights and deepen the colors, I took a versamark watermark pen and highlighted the metal images.  I then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the surface and heat set it.  

I hope this brings you a little sunshine to your day! 


Suzz

Products: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!