Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Piecing of Scraps

The Hero Arts Challenge this week is piecing. I created this card from a stamp given to me from Kiara! Thank you so much Kiara!

The best part of this card was using up some scraps. The stamped backgrounds were all sitting on my desk and I had already pre-cut the die-cut piece. So the colors were already selected. This reminds me of my butterfly card, I even went back to see how similar it was.

Nothing too fancy here. Just a lot of stamping multiple times and cutting out the shapes and then layering them back together.

Products:

  • Ranger Distress Ink - Dried Marigold
  • Memento - Pear Tart
  • Fiskars Border Punch
  • Hero Arts - Clings - Thinking of You
  • Hero Arts - Antique Flower Background
  • Hero Arts - Screen Shadow
  • Recollections - Autumn Pearls
  • Ribbon - Don't know where I got this pretty ribbon and it is almost gone. :(

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the scraps part - (thats what I always do too) and that you were able to use your new stamp! I also love your subtle use of the small apricot gems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial Suzz, los fondos los haces que parecen que es el papel de fábrica, poco a poco voy aprendiendo mucho de ti. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely colours Suzz. I really like the way the flowers tie in so well with the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours Suzz. Love the stamped background too.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such soft and lovely colors and the design is so cheerful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Sue! I knew you are going to do magic with this stamp!! This is totally gorgeous, love the colors and design!!

    Sorry that I haven't been commenting on your blog lately! I'm dealing with 3 sick people in the house, sigh.....I hope you know that I adore your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!