Sunday, February 21, 2010

Deborah's Card Exchange

This was my card I sent off to my friend Dawn for the card exchange. Deborah provides three challenges one is color, another sketch and last a theme.

The colors were various shades of green and purple. I immediately thought of my Flourishes violets stamp set. This is what I created with that in mind.


These were colored using my watercolor pencils and accented with stickles. The centers of the flowers are accented with these glittery pearls. I have had them for awhile but didn't have anywhere to use them. After I added the stickles they fit right in. :)

The background is a sizzix embossing folder. The die cuts are both nestabilities.

I laid the die cut over the image after I had stamped and colored and sponged around the frame to create the white border.

The white frame on the large die cut was traced around the outside of the die and hand cut.

I hope you have a lovely day. (Forecast here is for about 6 - 10 more inches of snow by end of tomorrow.) I guess that is why I keep creating spring flower cards. Trying to inspire mother nature to give up on the snow and start moving towards spring.

Have a lovely day!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Suzanne it has a vintage feel to it and I love your embossed background it really adds to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Suzanne and a gorgeous colour combo. I love how you use the Nesties to create the shaped card.

    We woke up to about 5/6 inches of snow here in the Midlands of the Uk and it snowed like Billy-O for about 2 more hours but suddenly stopped and lots of it has thawed now thank goodness.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Suzz - love what you did with Deborah's colour combo!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card with all the shades of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colouring and colour choice Suzanne - gives real depth to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a wonderful card Sue... I can say it is even more beautiful in real life. Thank you. Also for the lovely goodies that came with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Suz this is more than stunning. thanks for sharing how you made this. So happy you like your card!! Hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the embossing with your beautiful coloring! WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous colors and design! this is just so beautiful, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sue, this is absolutely stunning!! Love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW... this is just gorgeous, Sue! Lovely colors too, amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!