Monday, February 22, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge 17

There is a color challenge over at the Play Date Cafe which has these lovely colors:
These colors were fun to play with because there were only the 3 of them. They also are really strong colors and love how they work together. I apologize because all my brown paper is a dark chocolate color and it always photographs black.

I just received the ledger cling stamp from Hero Arts and wanted to use it on a card, so I decided to pair it with the silhoutte burst flower. The butterflies are punches. You can't see it but the swirl in the background is embossed using an iridescent embossing powder to try to give it a little sparkle.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Cling Ledger
  • Hero Arts - Cling - Flourishes
  • Hero Arts - Cling - Friends
  • Hero Arts - Silhouette Burst
  • Hero Arts - Silhouette Spray
  • Versafine - Vintage Sepia, Crimson Red
  • Versamark Watermark
  • Iridescent Embossing Powder
  • Marvy Uchida Butterfly Punches
  • Twine, Buttons, Pearls

We didn't get all the snow that was forecasted. But we still have snow and the landscape is gorgeous. I am going to go out later to take a few pictures and I will try to share a few.

Stay warm!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. The card is lovely Sue. I adore that dramatic colour combination. Once again you have come up with an innovative way to use the ledger stamp. Beautiful.

    Take care when out taking your photos. I took the dog for a walk at lunchtime (3 hours ago here in the UK) and slipped twice in 20 seconds (very undignified landing on my well padded bum). The second one has given me a twisted knee and what I'm hoping is just a bad sprain to my left big toe joint. My foot is swelling nicely and hurting like Billy-O so I'm afraid it's feet up for me this afternoon, Lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE this....just A Perfect Card!!! Love that Ledger Stamp....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You turned these yummy colors into something absolutely GORGEOUS! True pro!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... I love love love this card!!!!!!! The colors, the stamps the design:)

    Hope to play in your 2peas challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Suzanne, love these colours together have played this challenge myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great easel, Sue! I love the PD's color challenge this week...and may play along! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The easel card strikes again! LOL . Lovely card, particularly like the string accents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Sue! I love your beautiful background and layered butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful subtle background and I love those little butterflies and the colors you used! wonderful easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your use of the colors, Sue! Beautiful background and love all the butterflies too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous,Sue! I love the ledger stamp for the bcakground!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Congratulations on making the Fab 4!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!