Sunday, August 2, 2015

Choose to Shine

I'm back... Let's just say this week has been a banner week with the family a perfect storm with lots of things happening. :(  I finally was able to sit down yesterday and pull out my supplies and play.  This started with inspiration from Tim's Tag for August. (I missed July which I haven't missed a tag in over 3 years? )  anyway....  Mixed Media Monthly's new challenge is Get Texty so I pulled those two together and here is my end result.

 It was a relief to play with something and try out some of the techniques Tim shared on his blog.  I am happy with how my tag turned out but somehow feel like I created a Halloween tag. Not my intention but that is where it went.
 Tim's tag had some fun words for his background die's and I didn't have anything like that so I went through my die cuts looking for smaller ones to fit on a tag and ended up with numbers and stars. That is why I am thinking magic / Halloween. Probably didn't help that I picked the Gothic arch and the solemn children to put in the frame. :)

I thought I had finished this last night and took photos:
 I liked it but thought it needed more black to make it really pop. 

Back at it this morning and added some more lines of black and the frame back into my arch.  It was covering the children's faces so it had to be distressed and broken to show them more clearly.  

The background behind the dies is tissue tape music, and stamped over the front is the Memory Box Dreams text.  The dies are Memory Box and Simon Says.  The image and stickers are Idea-Ology (Tim Holtz).  The color wash is the new Ranger Distress Inks (Salty Ocean, Abandoned Coral and Citron)

The inspiration photos for the challenge:

I also created a really cool background for another challenge and hoping to sit today and play with that a bit.  Tonight I have a new post for the Simon Says Stamp challenge and I think you will enjoy it! I know I did.

Have a great day!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful, love the broken window frame revealing the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life gets crazy sometimes. Art can be therapeutic, so I'm glad you found time to create. This is a beautiful tag, Suzz. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! It caught my eye as I was reading the tutorial on TH August tag tutorial - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you decided to break and distress the frame. Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful- I love the little light bulb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool tag. Awesome texty background! Thanks so much for joining us this month at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautifully done! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it! Love the window arch and lines! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came to visit from Tim's site. I really like your tag! Don't you love how they take on a life of their own, and it's always a surprise how they turn out! This one's a keeper...especially that frame with the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quattro a beautiful take of August tag, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of the text! Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tag! Very cool interpretation of tim's tag and love the letter text you used. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!