Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Golden Summer

My second project today inspired by the Words & Paintery August Color Challenge.  I am entering it into the Mixed Media Card Challenge - Butterflies


I started with a kraft envelop which I streaked with a mix of paints in the green, gold and browns. I then wiped away most of the paint to leave a soft palette.
Then I stamped the flowers using the brown ranger archival ink. I colored with watercolor pencils and added highlights with the gel pen. I added a touch of glitter on the flowers which I tried to capture in my first photo and mica flakes along the bottom. They photographed very dark but actually are a lovely bronze color to go with the browns in the images.

The stamps are Paper Artsy.



Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I'm sorry I've not had chance to comment for such a long time. I managed a bit of blog hopping time tonight and yours was top of my blog roll :-). I hope you are keeping well!

    Love your card with that lovely streaky background and colours are really pleasing! The white gel pen creates beautiful emphasis on the images.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I like the wiped paint effect, and how you've highlighted the images with white pen. Thanks so much for playing along at The Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ways you are using these wonderful PaperArtsy stamps - the white gel pen accents add so much depth! Thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge Suzz! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow this is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was fascinated by your technique from start to finish. It's got such an artsy flair to it and it's clear that's because you know what you're doing! Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along at the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing with us att Words and Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...what a gorgeous card.Thank you for playing with us at Words and Paintery

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!