Sunday, September 6, 2015

Spooky Butterflies?

I have to admit I was going down a Halloween path with Tim's September 2015 tag. He made a beautiful butterfly tag. I thought wouldn't it be fun to create a Halloween inspired version of Tim's tag.

My thought process was use Halloween colors inspired by Tim's mixing of alcohol inks in the background.  I would then find three different sized spider stamps (Wrong assumption) and stamp them in acetate on the background instead of the butterflies used by Tim.

 What really happened is no spider stamps in the right size materialized... Hmm.. Pretty sure I have several but nothing in the right size to put on the tag.  So instead I went back to the butterflies and though they look the best on the tag so hence a Halloween tag with butterflies?


 I actually ended up with five different backgrounds and finished four tags of which I only will share three. :O 

 I love how the translucent paste on this was enhanced with bronze glitter.  I then used the bronze glitter around the edges on the background tag.  I also embossed the clock hands with a bronze/penny copper embossing powder.


My last tag I stamped the background with the same Halloween stamp.  After that I found my web stencil and used the translucent embossing paste with the web stencil. 



After the paste dried you couldn't see the web.  I used my fingers to add a touch of black stazon ink over the web to highlight the web on the background. It is difficult to photograph the effect but it was pretty cool although a bit dark overall. :)  I then had to add the cool idea-ology spiders on their own spider thread. 

The other two were a failed skeleton layering and a fun background with no images on it!  

Products: Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Spiderweb, Adventure, Idea-Ology - Halloween Charms, Ephemera, Stampers Anonymous - Halloween, Stampers Anonymous Butterflies, StazOn - Jet Black, Ranger Archival Ink - Black, Idea-Ology Halloween - Rub On, Memory Box - Stars Stencil, Wendy Vecchi - Black Embossing Paste, Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste, Wendy Vecchi Clearly For Art - Acetate

Happy Sunday to you!

Suzz

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, I love the Halloween colours on each of them and your designs are wonderful. Great mix of colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween butterflies! I love them! The middle is my favorite, the bronze is so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fab and I agree with Mari....Halloween butterflies now there's a twist, lol! I don't think I can choose a favourite tag as I love them all!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three are great! That middle one is beautiful, and the Halloween ones are super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!