Monday, September 7, 2015

Tinful of Tags

 Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week the challenge is to stamp and punch!

I started with the Tim Holtz bird punch and everything worked out from there.  I create a tin to hold my tags:
And on the inside:

I used the Idea-Ology Pocket squares to cut and use on the outside and inside and edged with tissue tape. 

 And then created a series of tags to put in there:


 A close up of the different tags:


 I started with the pocket cards and cut them to size to fit the tin.  I then punched out the birds in the corner of the tags.
I pulled out a variety of stamps, rub-ons and paints to decorate the various tags.
I have to admit I have a few favorites of all the different tags I created although some I created at first grew on me over time.
The background on the coral one is actually a stamped floral background but it gave such a soft lovely effect I decided to add the Eiffel Tower.
The last one used a touch of watercolor pencils to color in the flowers and then a touch of sequins for a touch of texture.

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

So now it's YOUR turn, come play along and show us your stamp and punch combination. You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Suzz

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

Instagram















20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Suzz :-) the tin is fabulous and all the tags, WOW!! this must have taken you ages, but so worth it, these are all awesome! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tin of tags! I love your clever idea to punch the bird on each one with the black base showing through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic project Suzz, love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous Suzz! Love every little detail and such a great choice of stamps! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous collection Sue - you've got me inspired as I have the little bird punch too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Sure would be hard to choose a favorite. Thanks for sharing..will have to find TH bird punch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning group, Suzanne! I love the touches of stitching and embellishing :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Suzz! Never has one little bird had so many super-cool backgrounds to play around on! I love how each of your pieces is different, yet unified through the bird punch. Clever, clever and I will be the first to support anything that involves a tin...especially when re-done with your signature style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty tin with all the lovely tags. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your made such wonderful color choices to compliment the black silhouettes! Never thought to use tissue tape for the altoid tin sides--a great idea--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. such an amazing project, Suzz. The tin and the tags are gorgeous. Love all the beautiful details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely great work! I love all details . great idea! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh wow! These are amazing! Love the tin and every tag in it! The hint of color make them so elegant! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Suzz, this is STUNNING and there's so much attention to detail! What a wonderful idea and I love how you've decorated the tin ~ beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful project Sue and so many different tags! The tin is lovely too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Love your tin and all your beautiful tags!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and elegant tags, and I love the little tin you made for them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty project Sue! those little tags are adorable, I love all the images and texture. And look at that cute tin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tags, great idea for a giftie tin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!