Friday, October 3, 2008

Fat Book Page Challenge...

Andi who has a great blog: http://www.andisperfectgravy.blogspot.com/ is hosting a challenge for Stamptoberfest. Her challenge is for Fat Book Pages. http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2661702 I have never created these before and thought it would be fun to try.


This is the front of my page.


Andi suggested putting something on the back of the page and highlighting who created it and for what.

I just thought I would highlight it was for stamptoberfest 2008.










Recipe:

  1. Cut 2 squares 4 x 4". I actually created my background previously and was able to just cut the green squares. To create the green background I mixed Zemon Lest Glimmer Mist with Olive Green Glimmer Mist. The Olive Green Glimmer Mist has a ton of gold shimmer in it.
  2. On the front I stamped my tree banch with versamark and embossed it with Copper emobssing powder.
  3. I then versamarked my sentiment just below the branch and embossed it with a slate blue.
  4. I then stamped the hummingbird and embossed it on light blue paper with the same slate blue embossing powder and cut it out. I really wanted a black crow but I didn't have anything the right size. :(
  5. I then embossed the buttons and the charm to match the embossing done previously. The buttons tend to move and the charm will get hot, I used a stylus with a metal tip that I could stick in the button hole and hold it in place.
  6. I assembled all the pieces. On the back I embossed the berries and stamped the letters used the same string from the front and added a bird charm.

Products:

  • JudiKins Copper Embossing Powder
  • Versmark Watermark Ink Pad
  • Versafine Blue Lagoon Ink Pad
  • Stampendous Pearlustre - Sapphire Embossing Powder
  • Inkadinkado - 97982-K Hummingbird
  • The Artful Stamper - (Berries on the back)
  • Penny Black 3886J - berry branch
  • Verses Rubber Stamps - QQ0838-F Apache Blessing
  • EK Success - Ribbon
  • Charm - Michaels, brand unknown
  • Bird Charm - Blue Moon Lost Charms

Thanks for Looking!

2 comments:

  1. A masterpiece!!!!!!!

    Thank you so much for playing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much into pages, but I would have to say this is sensational and love the bling and embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!