My photo
Mother of 3 kids, 2 dogs and wife of a fabulous hubby who doesn't mind if I play with my inks and papers.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016


Welcome back! Today is Funkie Time for the Design Team at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge.  The challenge is "Going Round in Circles".  Sue is hosting the challenge and describes it: "Including circles in my projects is one of my favourite things to do, so for this challenge I want to see circles, lots of circles, not just one! Stencilled, stamped or even a circular project such as a wreath!"

I am with Sue on the circles. I love using them and creating them on journal pages.  My projects all started from one journal page background I created with some painted on circles. 

I started with laying the die cut circles randomly over the ledger page.  I then painted white brush strokes outwards around the circle to create a resist.

After the painted circles dried I then sprayed the background with a mix of yellows and light orange distress stain sprays.

I let that dry and then came back and added shadows to my circles to make them pop.  I went through and splattered sprays and white paint over the surface.

I cut up the ledger page into pieces to highlight certain sections of the circles.  I then created a collage effect on each  using the stamped leaves, sentiments and other images.  I also used the watercolor pencil to outline my images in some cases to add additional shading and highlights.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!


Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Butterfly Pocket Watch

Hi! The Funkie DT is showing off their wings for the Things with Wings challenge hosted by Pamellia a the Frilly and Funkie Challenge.   Anything with wings is acceptable for the challenge.  I pulled out the butterfly and dragonfly sizzix dies to get my project started.
I had a burst of inspiration while I was flipping through magazines. I love my magazines for papercrafting. I know there is lots of online forums and inspiration but for me relaxing is looking through magazines at different ideas, reading about what they did or inspired them.

I decided to pull out my watch case and give it wings.

The wings were die cut, embossed and sprayed with Ranger Distress Stain - Salty Ocean.  After they had dried I dragged silver ink over the raised areas.  It didn't get the effect so I added black ink. Tis gave a mix and more muted.

I wanted my wings to have a wow moment so I inked them up with some versamark and coated them with embossing powder that contains glitter.  I  used Stampendous Kaleidescope Embossing Powder.  You can also do something similar with just clear embossing powder and ultra fine glitter.  The Kaleidescope glitter gives it the rainbow colored sheen you can see here:

Next I punched out a circle of Tim's tissue paper and sprayed it and embossed it to coordinate. I put that in the background.

I found a lost relative to cut out and place in my watch. I added foam dots to raise it up and then added the coral flowers and the sticker tinted coral.

I decided to hang my watch and used an old necklace from my daughters junk jewelry.

Come play along with us!  The winner of the challenge will earn the chance of a Guest DT spot at Frilly and Funkie, and everyone who enters and follows the rules will go into the draw for the chance to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. And there are Top 3 Badges for three further outstanding entries, chosen by the Design Team.

Thanks for stopping by!