Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Orange and Blue

The challenge this week on the Hero Arts blog is complementary colors. I selected the orange and blue colors to play with.


I started with some Sizzix Stars that I cut from white cardstock. Hero Arts has a new clear set called everyday sayings which is really nice because it has a ton of different sentiments for different occassions in different fonts. I selected the congratulations because of the size and style. I stamped that all over the stars in a blue pigment ink. I also used a different sized congrats from a graduation clear set from HA too.

I sponged the edges with the Adirondack orange. The bottom half of the card is a stamp I received in a bundle from MSE. I love the uneven lines of the stripes and I actually kissed my polka dot background stamp from Hero arts to take off the ink. I had to mask and lay down each stripe individually but I really like the effect.

The top is clear embossed polka dots and sponged with the same orange dye ink.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Clear Design Everyday Sayings
  • Hero Arts - Clear Design - Graduation
  • Hero Arts - Raindrop Background
  • MSE - Stripe Stamp?
  • Adirondack - Sunset Orange
  • Versafine - Habanero, Majestic Blue
  • Fiskars Circle Template & Shape Express
  • Sizzix Die Cut - Stars
  • Buttons, Ribbon - Unknown

One last question for you... This so reminds me of my brothers room when we were growing up... Do you remember the patriotic rooms? He had a red, white and blue bedroom with old fashioned soldiers dressed from the colonies.

Thanks for stopping by.

Suzz

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! (I always have to start my comments on your cards with wow...) You make the colors work perfectly together! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous card!
    just this morning i was flipping thru the pages of the August issue of Crafts 'n Things...and saw your "How Much Love" card...and then, a couple pages later you got a WHOLE page featuring one of your amazing cards! WOW...big congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Suzz. Love the way you have combinded the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this Sue...those colors are really tough for me and you did a super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Sue!! What a color combo, awesome card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Suzz! What an intricately detailed card! I am impressed with the stripes and masking. And I really like that you "kissed" the raindrops stamp to the stripes! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!