Friday, January 27, 2012

Mojo Monday #225 - Live in the Sunshine

When I saw the Mojo Monday sketch I loved the design and thought it would be a fun sketch.  After that I fell down a rabbit hole. I have been struggling with this card for a few days and decided to give up today and share it.  Of course I have created a few other cards in that time period but nothing is coming easily right now. :) I am not even sure I like what I ended up with but wanted to be done and move onto something else. So here is my 3 day card which should have taken 10 minutes!  :O I am also entering this in the Simon Says Challenge for anything goes.

I started with (well actually finished with) some lovely Authentique paper and cut them into banner shapes. I then sponged the edges using brown dye ink.  

I stamped the Artistic Outpost images (Home, The Outpost) using brown ink onto the banners on the bottom and the center.  I used the sentiment to stamp along the edges of the top banners. The tops were finished with twine and buttons. 

Here is the sketch that started me down my rabbit hole. 


Well I hope your creativity is flowing better than mine is right now! 

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. Well I think it is fabulous ... unique and beautifully done as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL 10 min card in 3 days...I have those ALL the time! It turned out beautiful, I love the neutral tones of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I'm with Basement Stamper, lol! 10 hours is more like it and I still wouldn't come up with anything on par with your lovely creation.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design Suzz, great idea and images. I know what you mean though things are not working out that easy for me either, my bin is quite full at the moment LOL. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the color scheme and images you chose for it. The whole feeling is happy and contemplative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, love this design to go with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how you did the design on this. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative design, you come up with the best ideas!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, if this is how you create when your mojo is down, I will take that any day! I think this makes a great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!