My re-cycled project was triggered from a few things. One is all the fantastic chunky ATC's (just one of them from Tracy that I loved!) I have been seeing all over in blog land. Two, it was time to take down the old swing set in our back yard as our kids are getting too old for it and it was starting to show it's age. That meant piles of wood scraps in the backyard and of course a few of those old pieces of wood happened to make their way into my craft room. :)
Here is what happened to one of those scraps of wood:
- Paint surface with white acrylic paint.
- Distress edges with brown dye ink.
- Stamp image (Cottage Rose Jumbo Cling) using Ranger Archival Ink onto surface. This was tricky as the surface is uneven so make sure to rock it slightly and press down firmly. I also filled in with my micron pen where the image was softer.
- Spritz glimmer mist onto craft mat and color flower using waterbrush. After dry shade with watercolor pencils.
- Smear green dye ink on craft mat and paint leaves with waterbrush. Shade with watercolor pencils.
- Stamp sentiments onto white cardstock. Cut out and distress with brown dye ink. (I promise the sentiments were straight IRL and only appear off-kilter in the photo LOL!)
- Accent with butterflies. (I embossed the flower and butterfly from silver to gold using embossing powder and versamark)
- Apply Versamark Ink over the surface and heat emboss using clear embossing powder. This will give a smooth finish and enhance the soft colors.
- Assemble and accessorize. :)
For more inspiration:
To play along you have until Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST to add your direct link to our collection at the end of this post (or on the Stampendous blog). You do not have to use Stampendous products. The prize (drawn at random) is this a lovely Mother's Love Perfectly Clear Stamp Set. Available in stores now, it will be on the website for purchase soon!
Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address.
Thanks for stopping by!