Friday, February 1, 2013

Pooh Bear

Last night my youngest said "my teacher is coming back tomorrow do you have that baby card?  and can it be Winnie the Pooh?"... I said "tomorrow?" 

In my stash of things I had saved a gift card holder which had the sweet vintage images of Pooh and Christopher.  That was the only Pooh Bear image I had on hand.  I decided to create a background which works with Cath's Moxie Fab World Challenge to create your own background paper.  

I stamped the trees first along the white cardstock using the Hero Arts stamp.  I colored the trees using STAEDTLER watercolor pencils.  I sponged in the background using green, brown, yellow, orange, and two shades of blue. 

The sentiment is one I have from Verses Rubber stamps called Wee bit of Heaven. I inked up the first half of the verse and stamped it along the top.  I thought it was a little too dark with the black against the blue so I added a few white highlights from a gel pen.  They were too bright so I softened them with a touch of water. I cleaned the stamp and  inked up the bottom half and stamped it on the inside of the card: 
Isn't that beautiful?  A last minute card thrown together this morning, and my daughter was very happy with it, so a success.

Have a great Friday!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Sue, this is just too darling! Love Pooho! You are such a good Mama! Her teacher will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Suzz, love how you've coloured around the trees and the sentiment is just gorgeous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Winnie the Pooh! Your shading is gorgeous, Suzz! Such an adorable, sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is just breathtakingly beautiful. I love this card.
    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful! The coloring is amazing, I love it, and so will the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning colouring Sue. it just glows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pooh too and this is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely adorable. That sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love POOH!! so very cute.. love the coloring!! Great job Suzanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious card! Pooh is the best! Your background is fabulous, actually the whole card is!
    Don't you just get such a buzz when it all comes together?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way too cute. Great to get this done quickly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glorious colour blending from top to bottom, and the Pooh images look just perfect! Who needs planning time!?
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet. And that background is amazing. His teacher is going to LOVE it.


    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!