Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dreamweaver & Stampendous Hop

All this week the Stampendous DT and the Dreamweaver DT are hopping and sharing inspiration using both the Stampendous and Dreamweaver fabulous products. There are chances to win wonderful prizes for leaving comments!

The theme for the hop is Summer.  My first card uses a cool wave stencil which I used in two different cards:
I used the lovely waves stencil as a mask and spritzed over the stencil with a green and blue glimmer mist. I thought it looked like a tropical paradise.

I cut a hole and popped the sweet Hula Kiddo on a wobbler in the window.  I stamped the  sentiment  from Stampendous Thoughtful Wishes in a coordinating blue color and cut it to fit around the edge of the circle.  I accented with a a few tropical flowers and twine.

My second card shifts to more of a wintry icy cool color palette.




I used the Double glitter technique to add color to my stencil in the background. I mixed in the micro glitters from Stampendous.  Ice Blue Micro GlitterRoyal Ultra Fine Jewel Glitter and   Silver Micro Glitter.   I then decided I loved how it looked but it looked like a nice wintry storm.  I decided to add the new unicorn along with a sentiment for something rare and wonderful. I high lighted my unicorn with coordinating glitter.
Stampendous Unicorn Forest, Rare and Wonderful

Onto the important details:

DW-STM banner 7-13


The fun prize packages:
DW-STM_July '13 prize badge

There will be  two prize packages given away  to two randomly selected comments on the posts (of both teams) Monday through Thursday this week, then another prize package for a randomly selected winner from comments on Friday!

Hop along and leave some love:

 Stampendous Blog

Dream It Up!
Krissy Fossmeyer
Lea Kimmel
Heidi Erickson
Cyndi Bundy
Suzanne Czosek
Louise Healy
Jessica Griffin
Tenia Nelson
Pam Hornschu

Thanks for stopping by! 

Suzz

38 comments:

  1. Love the cards.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, like how you used the same stencil but the cards look totally different :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, both cards are wonderful! You've really shone how versatile the designs are, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, these are both beautiful! Love that you popped that cute little hula girl on a wobbler! The second card reminds me of the wild horses (yes, I know it's a unicorn) here on the Outer Banks of North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely use of the flourish, very creative. Beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how different the wave stencil can look by using different techniques. Love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! These are both Amazing!! I have a couple nieces who would LOVE the horse card!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are lovely but I really love that little wobbler girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the stencil! The cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are gorgeous! Thanks for making Dreamweaver look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are gorgeous!!! I never really tried glitter, but now I think I am going to have to!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love both the cards you made for today. I like the fact that you can create such different looks using the same background stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards using the wave stencil!
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous background for both your great projects!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 great techniques with the same stencil. Both cards are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both these cards are beautiful
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to say that I never really thought that I needed that wave stencil but now that I see how versatile it is I love it! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great demo of variations with this wave stencil and the Stampendous Kiddo and glitters

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can't go wrong with Dreamweaver and Stampendous!!! Two great companies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like how the background stamp takes on a different look in both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that mystical look in the unicorn card. Beautifully done!!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great cards. He hula girl is too cute and must be adorable when she wiggles. The background looks so different on each card. Neat technique blending two glitters. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the dreamweaver waves stencil, so versatile, looks different every time its used.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving this wave stencil more and more. What beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your cards. The horse one is really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! These are just great - love the wave background. The unicorn and that sentiment are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. GORGEOUS< GORGEOUS< GORGEOUS! Both of these cards are gorgeous but the Unicorn one has my heart! Simply enchanting! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your creations with me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your waves and how you framed the hula girl on your first card, love everything! And Your unicorn card is awesome too! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your cards are beautiful. I love all the glitter. The unicorn looks like it is a snowstorm. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  30. What beautiful cards and such different looks from the same stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  31. love the movement your backgrounds have. gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  32. stunning Suzz. both cards are fabulous. Love your little hula girl

    ReplyDelete
  33. Two really pretty cards Sue. Love the wave stencil but have to admit I don't think I have anything like the amount of patience that would be needed to apply that glitter so precisely. Your results are gorgeous though!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are both fantastically gorgeous! Sue, you come up with the most amazing composition and ideas. Simply adore what you've done with the unicorn!! Wow... this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!