Saturday, September 7, 2013

Art is the Window to the Soul

I was playing with the new Eclectic Fancy Flourish from Darkroom Door it inspired me to create a set of wings. The wings were so large I decided to use a heart in between them and create a wall hanging.
To get the effect of wings I used stamping on acetate to allow me to create two opposite wings. I used Pink StazOn ink to create one pair of wings and a Ranger Distress Paint Picket Fence to create the second set of wings.

The background was created with a mix of Dylusion Ink sprays spritzed randomly over a glossy cardstock. After it dried I inked up my Creativity Word Block Stamp using the white acrylic paint.    I stamped it repeatedly over the surface.  I embossed a piece of cardboard and cut it out using a heart die cut.  The heart was colored with a mix of the pink stazon ink and white paint.  I stamped the Creativity word block onto white cardstock using the pink ink and cut out the pieces.  I then stamped the house from the Home Sweet Home set and cut it out to mount on the heart.  I distressed the edges of the stamped background and mounted it onto a painted and distressed piece of cardboard.

I loved how this looked so I decided to add text to it and put it up on my blog as my blog header. 

Go off and create something to share a piece of your soul!

Suzz

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful project Suzanne! Love the burst of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, I love this! I love the way you did those wings. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wings are gourgeous. A real work of art. Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are one amazing artist Suzz. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow super awesome hanging, I love the colours and the wings and flourish wings are gorgeous. Love how you have used it as your header, truly inspirational :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning hanging - the wings look amazing. I love that shadow stamping in white, both of the wings and the background text. Beautiful make, Suzz!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cleverly you have used those flourishes to create such beautiful wings and I wish I could be as brave using such wonderful bold colours. This looks stunning on your header.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!