Of course I forgot to take pictures along the way. I think that half way through I almost threw this into the garbage but I persevered and ended up somewhere I liked.
- Cut a piece of cardboard to size. Paint white.
- Cut sheets of tissue paper, old pages from a book, old sheets of music slightly small than size of cardboard.
- Mix sheets of papers together in layers.
- Staple sheets to cardboard. If you can sew them on it would even be better. :)
- Cut random size slits on the paper all form top to bottom but in different lengths.
- Spray a mix of mists (orange, green, gold)
- Let dry.
- Use your fingers or a piece of sand paper to rub the edges of the slits and start the curling process between the layers and to open them up to show the splits.
- Repeat the spraying, drying, and sanding process to get the texture you desire.
- I added in touches of white acrylic paint over the surface to soften and highlight areas.
- When I was happy with the texture and the effect I added a piece of chicken wire over the top.
- I stamped a dragonfly and colored him with the coordinating glimmer mists.
- I heat embossed the dragonfly and second wings with a coat of shimmery embossing powder. My favorite is Stampendous Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder.
- I added he sentiment and a few brads and was finished.