Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pretty Pastels

How about some pretty pastels?  Just in time for spring the  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  is all about the pastels!  
I was playing around and mixing up the colors with a touch of mint and and purples.  This was my first version and my second take is down below. 

My background was created by inking up the damask stamp with soft purple and stamping it repeatedly across the background.

I added a touch of soft script in Memento London Fog in the background. The edges were distressed and sponged with the gray. 

 The flowers were painted with a mix of purple spray and white paint. The ribbon received the same treatment.  The Eiffel tower was painted and then stenciled with translucent embossing paste and a coat of silver embossing powder was sprinkled on while the paste was wet.  After it dried it was heat embossed.

Product:   Wendy Vecchi - White Embossing Paste, Ranger Distress Sprays - Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Dusty Concord, White acrylic paint , Ranger Archival Ink - Watering Can, Ranger Archival Ink - Blue VioletClearly Besotted - Fresh Flowers,   Canvas Flowers,   Prima FlowersPrima LeavesPrima Small White flowers, Seam Binding, Memento -London Fog, Silver Embossing Powder, Sizzix Eiffel Tower Die, Stampers Anonymous - Damask, Stampers Anonymous - French Collage

The ever generous Simon Says Stamp is offering a gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge, so come join in on the fun.


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Holy amazing Eiffel Tower, Batman! I was quite in awe when I saw it and really loved the technique you used. It is so romantic-looking that I found myself sighing for Paris...even though I've never been there. But your card made me wish that I had! Beautiful piece, Suzz, and I love the attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suzz, gorgeous!! I am really loving the look you achieved on the Eiffel Tower, what a great technique! Beautiful damask background and the purple is so soft and lovely! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card! Love the colors, the stamps, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Gorgeous, love the colors, sparkle and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colours and the fab sparkly Eiffel Tower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh la la! A purple Parisian masterpiece! Love the touches of silver to add some glam :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your Purple card, Suzz!! it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Suzz! Love the pretty damask stamp! And the Eiffel Tower is amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card! The color scheme is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful use of purple color! Beautiful card, I love the touch of mint that you gave to the doily !! It's perfect for this challenge pastel! I love so much the rose and the Eiffel Tower is a masterpiece! Happy Easter!!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the soft purple colour palette, with the hint of silver and the Eiffel Tower works so well with the damask background ~ it's just so beautiful Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful Sue! Love the background you created and all the purple. The silver on the tower is perfect. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!