Friday, February 5, 2016

Grateful Heart


Hello!  There is so much inspiration out there and I used the Vintage Journey's Industrial Challenge with the Mixed Media Monthly Glitter challenge to get my creative juices flowing.


I have to admit that I had this background laying around for a long time and it was calling to me to use it.  These were the last bits of the mist so I got a ton of shimmer from the gold left in the bottles and I laid down salt to help get the pooling of the color in a crackle effect.  I looked at how the mists had pooled and saw a heart shape. 
 I decided to use that shape and used a watercolor pencil to hand draw a heart shape to emphasize the pooling of colors.  I blended it with a waterbrush and added a mix of blue and brown watercolor pencils.
 I then  used the Stampendous Luxe Mix which I have to say is one of my favorite products because they have mixed up the mica flakes, and glitter to give a beautiful mix of texture.   I sprinkled it randomly over sections which already have a high concentrate of the glimmer from the mist.

 To add to my industrial feel, I stamped a bit of the definition stamp from Stampendous over the surface and highlighted it with the monocle and a pin to clip it on.

I found a lovely sentiment in the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology stickers and some tissue tape for texture.

Products:Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Monocle, Pin, Tissue Tape, Small Talk, Stampendous Gold Luxe Mix, Stampendous - Dream Text Stamp



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Suzz

14 comments:

  1. Wow, Suzz this is just amazing, so much texture and shimmer and I love how the heart just called to you from the depths of the layers. Brilliant. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, meant to say so glad you are sharing it at AVJ xxx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Suzz and I am thrilled you are sharing this with us at A Vintage Journey. I love how you emphasised the heart from the pooling of ink, very clever. The colours are fantastic. Love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzz, this is just amazing!! I love the background with the bits of mica and glitter (that just went on my wish list)! The music washi is wonderful and I love the sentiment! You do such fabulous mixed media work, grungy and soft at the same time! I do really hope you might add this to our challenge at Anything But Cute, our new theme is Grungy Love and this is just perfect!! hugs :)

    Anything But Cute - Grungy Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies Suzz, wrong link. Here is the correct one if you're interested.

      Anything But Cute - Grungy Love

      Delete
  4. Really fabulous and so very cleverly put together, - absolutely love it!! Brilliant project! Thanks so much for playing with us both at MMM and AVJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is gorgeous!! I love the shimmer, glitter, and mica. It's just the right mix. Great colors and images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz this is a wonderful piece, love the colors palette you chose and all the textures you've added! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzz this is a wonderful piece, love the colors palette you chose and all the textures you've added! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous project! Adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous project! I love how you used the glitter. Thanks so much for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy project! Love it when an old background works out!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! i love how much chunky bling there is on this piece. and the industrial color with the sweet heart shape are a great unexpected combination. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning, Suzz - love the colours and inky salty shimmer. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!