My photo
Mother of 3 kids, 2 dogs and wife of a fabulous hubby who doesn't mind if I play with my inks and papers.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Longing for the Sea

Good Morning!  It's time for the funkie reveal at Frilly and Funkie challenge, the theme this time being 'Let's Make it a Trio' hosted by Sue C.  The challenge is to include  3 of something on your art.  This can be three tags, three embellishments or any trio you can think of to include.

I knew I wanted to do something with three parts to my project so I decided to cut up a few tags and piece them back together in a different way.


I cut two tags into pieces and covered them in the Voyage Beneath the Sea paper.  I then used the beautiful gold embossing paste and the flourish stencil to create a Seaweed inspired background. While the embossing powder was wet I sprinkled it with gold glitter.


Then I wanted to create a steampunk touch so I punched holes in the different pieces to link them together.  I then used gold ink to ink up the jump rings to make them gold. I used versamark to cover my chain which I embossed with gold embossing powder. 

The images on the paper are so fun and funkie. I decided to take the steampunk mermaid and give her a seaweed inspired skirt.
If you look closely you can see the seaweed are the new wildflower dies cut from the same Graphic 45 paper. I cut a series of the flowers and then added glitter around the edges. I layered them over the skirt.  I also hid a trio of sea-horses on my tag.


I added the beautiful sentiment from the paper with a gold glittery edge to the background. 


Don't forget to play along with us!  The winner will earn the chance of a Guest DT spot over at Frilly and Funkie, and everyone who enters and follows the rules will go into the draw for the chance to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. And there are Top 3 Badges for three further outstanding entries, chosen by the Design Team, because choosing just one winner is so hard!

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

Products:

12 comments:

  1. Oh WOWZERS Suzz! That mermaid skirt is genius!!! Who'da thought those dies would make such gorgeous lacy fronds and I love that you teamed it with the Graphic 45 papers. A stunning triple tag project! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO clever Suzz! The skirt is total genius and I LOVE the panels connected by chains. Really stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work Suzz! i love it, i saw on Pinterest one minute ago, really fabulous! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love her seaweed skirt, very clever . Wonderful us do the papers and imagery . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzz!
    This is the COOLEST mermaid I have EVER seen!! You are a genius. I love, love, love your gorgeous art!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulously imaginative Sue, love the seaweed dress, such a neat idea.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this beyond words! It is truly one of the most imaginative and gorgeous uses of Graphic 45 papers that I have ever seen. The embossed flourishes and background are gorgeous all on their own...but that mermaid dress! I keep studying it trying to figure out how you made it so magnificent. I cannot find the words to express how magical and inventive and inspiring this piece is, Suzz. You've got it going on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Suzz, this is absolutely amazing! I love the three panels with the glittery flourish design, and that mermaid is beyond breathtaking! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project Suzz ! The mermaid skirt is just fabulous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such vision! Gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The whole project is awesome, of course :) But the skirt.. amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!