Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Circles

Welcome back! Today is Funkie Time for the Design Team at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge.  The challenge is "Going Round in Circles".  Sue is hosting the challenge and describes it: "Including circles in my projects is one of my favourite things to do, so for this challenge I want to see circles, lots of circles, not just one! Stencilled, stamped or even a circular project such as a wreath!"

I am with Sue on the circles. I love using them and creating them on journal pages.  My projects all started from one journal page background I created with some painted on circles. 

I started with laying the die cut circles randomly over the ledger page.  I then painted white brush strokes outwards around the circle to create a resist.

After the painted circles dried I then sprayed the background with a mix of yellows and light orange distress stain sprays.

I let that dry and then came back and added shadows to my circles to make them pop.  I went through and splattered sprays and white paint over the surface.

I cut up the ledger page into pieces to highlight certain sections of the circles.  I then created a collage effect on each  using the stamped leaves, sentiments and other images.  I also used the watercolor pencil to outline my images in some cases to add additional shading and highlights.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Suzz



7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous way to create such an effective background Suzz!!! Loving the blend of soft, autumnal colours over the circles and your clever addition of stamping and ephemera xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning set Suz, brilliant colour combo and what a super creative way to use a journal background! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Suzz, I think these are new favorites for me! Love those colors and your subtle circles. Very creative designs and techniques! Going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful trio of cards and tag Sue. The circles background is a very creative way of making a fabulous backdrop for the gorgeous stamping and the images really pop on those wonderful autumnal colours. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Will have try the circles. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz, these are just so fabulous! I love the way the die cut circles look like stamps or stencils. The color palette is gorgeous, the stamped images and sentiments are fantastic. I would love to spend an afternoon stamping with you. I could learn a lot! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so pretty! Such great techniques. Love your work! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!