Saturday, February 8, 2020

Lavender Inspired

Hi!  Happy Saturday!  I am back to share some new art using a new lavendar stencil from Darkroom Door.  

I started with using the stencil on a few different sheets of mixed media paper.  I was using the large stencil and it measures 9" x 12".  I like that it can be used on cards, tags, journal pages or scrapbook pages. 

Each stenciled background allowed me to create multiple tags and cards.  I cut out this tag first and then cut out the background for a card.  I had more background leftover but lost some due to experimentation. :)

For the background I did the following:

1. I laid the stencil down on the mixed media paper and sponged over with a mix of dye inks.  I then added water to soften the effect.   I heat set the main colors and used some extra ink to add the splatter over the background.

2.  After it dried I put the stencil back down and added an outline with a watercolor pencil.  I then used a waterbrush to soften the outline in places.
 
My card has a softer feel without the numbers and tags to add texture to the background.  I paired the lavender with the beautiful dragonflies and sentiment from the Wings stamp set. 

Then I used the stencil with a mix of dye inks and sponged a grey and red ink together to give a soft muted effect. 


I sponged the stencil on a larger sheet and cut the section I wanted for this card.  I used a new Quote Stamp which is lovely and stamped over in a slightly darker grey color.  

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! 

Suzz 

Products: (Links to the Darkroom Door site) 
Wendy Vecchi Blendable Dye Inks - Red Geranium, Watering Can, Poppy
Ranger Archival Ink - Watering Can, Sepia
Ranger Distress Stain Ink - Abandoned Coral, Ground Espresso 
Glitter


2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!