Sunday, March 1, 2020

Be Brave

Good Day!  The new Darkroom Door Quote Stamp "Be Brave" spoke to me and I have been playing around with it creating a mix of projects.

This card was created because I wanted a  pretty card that I could send to one of my girls as inspiration.  I used a soft pink on the background stamp and stamped to layering panels.  Then on the smaller panel I inked up the sentiment in a darker shade of pink.  The bow and flowers were inked with pink to coordinate. 

Then I played with a stencil and a clear embossed flower to give a soft background.


This card is all about layering the stamping in order to get the effect. :)  Start with the sentiment first.  Heat set the ink so it won't pick up any embossing powder when you move onto the flower.  Next stamp the flowers using versamark.  Sprinkle with the clear embossing powder and heat set the image.  The next step is to line up the rectangle sentiment and sponge/brush on the dye ink from the right corner out.  Finally I just added some water spots because I love the effect as it reminds me of a hot summer day where you can feel the haze in the air. 

My next card was intended for a masculine take on a card. 


This card is simple but I like that it can be sent without extra postage. :)   I could also see this layered with burlap or other texture to add more depth.

Next card is again a quick card using a stencil and distress ink for the accent. 


I grabbed the first distress ink on the top of the pile and sponged quickly a little background for the butterfly stencil.  The gems just add a hint of texture but again fit in a standard envelope with no extra postage required. :)

Finally a canvas in a pretty mix of blues and greens.  With a jumble of extra embellishments coated in gesso and spritzed with the greens and blues.

The canvas went through multiple layers of gessos and spray inks.  I ended up with some stenciled polka dots with embossing paste and paint.  The circles were stamped with paint over.  To get a clean stamped sentiment I stamped on a spritzed vellum background and layered into the canvas.

I hope you enjoyed the mix of cards!

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

Products:
Darkroom Door Quote Stamp - Be Brave 
Darkroom Door Background Stamp - Wildflower Garden
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set - Wild Africa Vol 2
Darkroom Door Rubber Stamp Set - Warm Wishes
Darkroom Door Stencil Butterflies
Darkroom Door Stencil  - Polka Dots
Wendy Vecchi Blendable Dye Inks - Watering Can
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Wilted Violet
Ranger Distress Oxide Sprays - Peeled Paint, Mermaid Lagoon
White acrylic Paint
White Gesso
Ranger Archival Ink - Coffee, Pink Peony, Magenta Hue, Jet Black, Saffron

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!