Sunday, November 8, 2020

An Open Book

 Happy Sunday!  I have a new favorite stamp I have been playing with!  I received this stamp from Darkroom Door awhile ago and just have had an opportunity to play with it! 

Darkroom Door Eclectic Stamp Mini Open Book


I am a big fan of books and spent many a good hour entranced with books.  When I saw this new mini open book stamp I knew I needed to have it in my collection. :) 


The stamp has two blank pages so I immediately made a mask for each page so I could create my own content on the pages.

I was lucky enough to have several of the other book stamps from Darkroom door and created a background of books to go with the cute boy and the sentiment. 

I also created a tag with a variety of pages for the books:

I stamped three of the books and mixed my images on the pages including overlaying some dashing gents onto the pages. 

Each book was hand cut out and folded up to give the appearance of pages.


Then I wanted a bit of color and thought wouldn't it be beautiful to have butterflies floating out of the pages?  I stamped the butterflies and embossed with black embossing powder. I sponged on the pink and cut them out to bend their wings and have them flying from the pages. 


The background was script randomly stamped in a soft gray color and a few sentiment from the same stamp set the butterflies came from. 

I hope you enjoyed looking at my open books! 

Suzz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!