Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Super Mom

 Hi!  I am back to share a new set of cards for all our wonderful moms or mums out there! 

I just received the lovely Darkroom Door  Sentiment Strip - Mother's Day and decided to create a few Mother's Day cards. 

I pulled out some of the beautiful flowers and the bird stamp to create two different cards with similar components. 

I stamped the bird first on a separate sheet of cardstock. I cut him out with detail scissors and colored with watercolor pencils. 

I stamped the Sentiment Strip along the right side of the background and then layered in a few flowers.  I colored the flowers with water color pencils.  The background was splattered with some inky sprays and then sponged with distress oxide ink. 

I then created my second card.  I started with stamping the bird first.  I could have created a mask for the bird and then stamped the flowers but instead I inked up the flowers without attaching them to a acrylic block.  I just used them by placing the flower where I wanted it and pressing gently on the back to stamp the image and kept the stem up and pressed it down up until the stamped bird image.  Then I picked it up and turned it to finish the stem on the other side of the bird.  

I was pleased with the results. :)  I also did this same layout on the envelope which was very pretty! 

I masked off the rubber sentiment stamp and only inked up the portion I wanted to stamp and then stamped the sentiment on the bottom right of the card front.  

I finished with a few drops of inky spray. The images were all colored using watercolor pencils and waterbrushes. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

Products: 



1 comment:

  1. Who needs to mask!? Great job on both of these cards! There's so much detail in those clover flower heads! So pretty! Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!