Friday, November 25, 2022

Shimmer & Shine

Hi!  The team at The Funkie Junkie Inspiration Ave is inspiring us this time around with the Christmas Tim Holtz Idea-Ology!  This is where my inspiration led me!

 

 There was so much beautiful shimmer and shine between the deco papers, droplets, and bells!  I decided to use the beautiful droplets to create a Christmas wreath.

I used a circle die cut to trace a circle in the center of the card and then I applied tape in the circle.  I then pulled out the color combination of droplets I wanted to use in various sizes. (light blue, silver, white).  

I placed the largest droplet size in one color and place them equally spaced around the circle.    I repeated the process with the next color until all the large sized droplets were placed.  I then repeated the process with the next size down.  I ended up having to shift some of them at the end with the smallest ones. 

To finish off the card I stamped a sentiment in gray ink and sprayed a shimmery ribbon with mica stain spray to blend with the colors of the wreath.

Next I started to play with the deco sheets.  I wanted to cut some snowflakes and stars from the shimmery paper.


I used some parchment paper and a metal shim to get a clean cut.  The thinlets required the extra pressure to help keep the edges cut with all the details.  I also ran them back and forth a few times to get the best cut. 

I used two different sized stars laid together on the cutting board to get my star outline.  I then cut a piece of deco as the background layer of my tag.  I accented with a few droplets and the sentiment.  I finished it off with some died ribbon and a shiny bell!  

My final tag highlights the shimmery snowflakes. 


The background was stamped with a silver ink using the beautiful renaissance stamp.  Then heat set the ink before adding an edge of silver embossing and a sentiment embossed in gold.  The snowflakes were cut and added with a touch of bling using the droplets.  

The ribbon was embossed using silver tinsel embossing powder.  I used versamark ink  to sponge the ribbon and then dipped it in embossing powder and heat set the embossing powder.  


Thanks for stopping by! 

Suzz

Products: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!