Friday, June 21, 2024

An Inky Gift Bag

 Hi!  I am sharing another project for the Funkie Junkie Boutique.  We were challenged to use alcohol inks this time.  I tried something new for me with the alcohol links and tried coloring an image! 

I used the beautiful Idea-Ology Tissue paper prints and used a mix of Alcohol Blending Solution with the Purple Twilight alcohol ink to color the flower petals.  I layered the color into the petals by mixing on my craft mat the blending solution with the purple ink. 

For the leaves I repeated the process using a green alcohol ink along with a hint of brown.  After the ink was dry, a splattering of white acrylic paint added a highlight over the background.  

The edges were torn and sponged with distress ink and a stamping of a script was added across the background.

The image was larger than what would fit onto a card face so I embraced the image and found a white gift bag to use as the backdrop.  I layered another tissue collage print in the back with a layer of white cardstock behind the main image.  All the different layers and bag received a soft distressed edge with brown distress ink.

I pulled out some additional embellishments to add a focal point with the sweet birthday sentiment.
I enjoyed using the alcohol inks to color the images and have ideas floating on how to use them on different surfaces with stamped images. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Suzz

Products: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!