Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cork Board

I created this for the Hero Arts challenge for the home.  My teenage daughter had her birthday this month and I thought it would be fun to create a corkboard for her.  Her only complaint was everything you make me is too pretty to use. :)


The inside of the frame is a square made from cork. I purchased a pack of three from Menards for 5.00. I also had to purchase the frame at Michaels which was pretty cheap. The cork is too thin to be hung buy itself and I liked the black frame as it really made the project pop!

Recipe:
  1. Paint the cork using adirondack cool peri acrylic paint. (Love that color)
  2. Stamp the friends definition using the purple StaZon ink across the background. (Didn't like the effect after I was done)
  3. Stamp flowers and grass using versamark.  Heat embossed  the grass and flowers using different colored embossing powders.
  4. Stamp butterflies and dragonflies multiple times on white cardstock using black pigment ink.
  5. Color Butterflies and Dragonflies as desired. Cut out and attach butterflies to push pins.
  6. Glue dot on dragonflies.
  7. Tie ribbon around top of corkboard.
  8. Glue down cork board to back of frame.
  9. Attach name in corner.
  10. Accent with flowers, gems, pearls...
The name is created using some lovely American Crafts Thickers that I was lucky enough to win from Cath over on the Moxie Fab World.

All the stamps are Hero Arts (old and new).

I hope you enjoyed my little project.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Suzz

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzz, I agree totally with your Daughter. This is far too pretty to stick pins in but I bet she'll love it on her wall.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful idea, suzanne!!
    and comments like this from your lovies are the BEST, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encanta la idea que has tenido, está tan bonita que crei era una tarjeta con papel de textura. La verdad es que le va a dar pena pinchar sus notas en el panel, pero seguro se las arrglará para ponerelas de forma decorativa, siendo tu hija no me extrañaría.
    La casita de pájaros, preciosa.
    Bss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Wonderful Creative project SuZZ!! I bet your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this project, it's perfectly pretty and so functional. I just may make one for my niece (who just happens to be named Kali).
    blessings to you, Suzz
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever and pretty project, and what a compliment from your daughter that everything you make is too pretty!!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic project Sue! I don't think I could poke pins in it, far too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Sue!! What a wonderful and clever project, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd have to agree with your daughter. This IS too pretty to use. But it makes a nice piece of wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with your daughter - this is just too pretty to use! I LOVE the black frame - it makes the whole thing POP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so creative! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing idea! Glad the young lady was happy about it! SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect project Suzz. I bet she liked it, too pretty or not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! this is really cool, Sue! i think i have an idea for a christmas gift idea for a friend now!! =) BIG thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!! love ya!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughter is super sweet--and so is this board! LOVELY project:) You are super crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project! You come up with the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!