Friday, April 23, 2010

Tuesday Tag Challenge #48 - Re-cycle, re-purpose, Re-Use

Louise's challenge this week is to re-cycle, re-use or re-purpose something.  Well... I didn't pull anything out of my cardboard that I have saved. Instead I took some bits and pieces from finished cards and pulled them together for my tag.

The tag shape was created by tracing the outline from a scrap of cardstock left over from die cutting the new Tim Holtz dies.  I used a background that I had stamped for another project to trace the birdcage on.   I then took the bird remnant from that same cardstock and cut around it to create the bird outline I used on my tag.  The bird outline was sprayed with glimmer mist and sponged with brown ink.  The sentiment was a leftover from some projects this week too. (Cleaning up my desk)

The stamps are all Hero Arts. Some of them are from the latest release and I have had so much fun playing with them. The inks are Versafine Crimson Red and Smokey Gray.

So my re-use/re-cycling is from the die cuts leftovers and background scraps. (Hope that counts)

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz


12 comments:

  1. Well, I love everything about this, starting with the shape. Great use of those new HA stamps. The polka dot flower just makes me think that could be the pattern of one of the vintage ladies dresses.
    Now to carefully save this in the right file......:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love the shape with the bird outline, and the colors, and the red polka dotty flower. Really great! (Check out Kristina Werner's Finally Friday video today, use 5 things off your desk challenge!) I bet you qualify!

    Love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect reusing.... Love the shape of the tag. Very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing tag made using leftovers! so jealous that you got some of the yummy new stamps to play with! thanks for sharing your beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, Sue! I love the shape and those new Hero stamps are so perfect. Brilliant job assembling all the bits and pieces into this lovely beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab shape, great colour choice, beautifully put together, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag love the shape,colours and the birdie love it all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Sue, Now I know what to do with all my rejects, instead of ending up in the trash just rework them. Great idea!!!! A Lovely tag as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just absolutely beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag Suzanne, great recycling too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW--I want to stay with you for a week! I'll cook and clean just to learn some crafty goodness from you! This is beautiful!! LOVVVVVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!