Friday, April 9, 2010

Little bites of wisdom!

Hero Arts Blog Challenge for the month is Home and Mother cards. I created this card as both a tribute to the home and for my MIL. Who is a wonderful MIL.
I decided to use an idea that I had used for an Easter card on the Outside the Box blog here and a few touches from the cards that Jenn B created and shared on the Hero Arts blog. (Love everything that Jenn creates!)

This bowl is from the Hero Arts clear set (What's the Scoop?) In the set it has some fun sprinkles, hearts and misc with it. I cut the clear stamp to remove the toppings. I then stamped it using my brown pigment ink. I copied it on my color copier and increased it to 250%.


After the bowl was re-sized:

  • Cut the bowl out.
  • Stamp the antique brocade background using blue dye ink.
  • Sponge edges with brown dye ink.
  • Accent lines from bowl stamps with brown watercolor pencil to add shadows.

I then created a set of apples: (the bites of wisdom)

The apples were also stamped on a sheet of paper and copied to re-size to fit in the bowl. :)

I attached them all to white strips of paper that you can pull the little bites of wisdom from the bowl. One of the apple stems says "Happy Mother's Day!"

Now I am going to get my DH to give me some of his mom's bites of wisdom that will make her laugh to hear them now, I will have him write them on each apple stem.

The apples are from the Hero Arts clear set: Designer Fruit.

The inks I used were Memento Bahama Blue, Pear Tart, Rich Cocoa, Versafine Vintage Sepia, Ranger Distress Inks - Fire Brick, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed.

Hope you are having a lovely day.... Enjoy your weekend!

Suzz

24 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly creative...I'm speechless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I can't believe how creative you are Suzz.... amazing springs to mind!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless, too! INCREDIBLE! Congrats on the HA tweet! Well-deserved!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible Suzz. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning, the bowl looks so 3D and the apples are amazing. Love what you have created Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THUD! ... that was me fallen from my chair. This is waaaaaaaay fun and creative, Sue!!!!! WOW! i love love love that beautiful bowl and those smart apples!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant take on Jenn's creation! You re-size the images so beautifully and the colors are so vivid and vibrant...funny that I AM eating an apple as I type ;) YUMMY creations, Sue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue this is not only a brilliant idea but brilliantly executed too. I'm sure your lovely MIL is going to love it.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Super creative with the apples too! Fab! I did a similar thing with a scrapbook many years ago and it went down a storm. Your MIL will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea, Sue--I love that bowl! Your MIL is lucky to have a DIL like you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such genius! What an awesome idea to include your MIL's pearls of wisdom. Your re-sized bowl and apples are just too creative for words. I love this and you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being featured in HA twitter! Way to go, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love how the pieces pull out with little messages on these, interactive cards are the best!!! Now I want to find some fruit to do this with LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this design!!!
    so simple and graphic!!!
    thanks for coming by!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I bet you were so tickled with yourself!! I know I would have been! this is everything you think it is and MORE!! Great job darlin and thank you for sharing it with us. Oz

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing, Sue!! Love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Genial tu creatividad. Precioso detalle.
    Bss

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow...how wonderfully creative.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautifully 'home-made' - will touch your MIL's heart too - I love how your mind creates with your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really an outstanding project! LOVE THIS!!!!! Gorgeous colors and clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! You've totally rocked this one, what a wonderful bowl of delicious looking apples, beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous and sooo clever!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on the HA tweet! this is so creative! Great job! (and very pretty!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!