Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge # 27

Love the colors from Mona for the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week.
 

I immediately thought of birds because of the birdhouse. These birdhouses also inspired my card earlier this week with the yellow birdhouse. I was trying to emulate the shape of the green birdhouse in this picture. (Thanks Mona!) 

I have seen so many pretty cards with the birds sitting on a wire that I decided to create my own little bird party sitting on a wire and having a chat.
The bird is from the Hero Arts Cling set called Two birds. They were stamped across the paper using brown pigment ink and a mask in a few places.  The birds were colored using a water brush and Ranger Distress Inks (Peeled Paint and Tumbled Glass)  The wires were drawn using a watercolor marker and a ruler.   The background was sponged using Tumbled Glass.

I decided to add one little odd bird who doesn't quite fit in because his colors are reversed.  Hence the sentiment One of a Kind.  (I have been to a few gatherings where I was that little bird)
The background is stamped using the Penny Black Japanese Maples stamp. (Lovely stamp) I stamped it on the light blue background using the Ranger Distress Ink Peeled Paint.

Finish it off with some twine in the background and a row of buttons. :)
The challenge this week is hosted by Stephanie

Our wonderful guest designer is Jen Tapler
Swing by the rest of the design team to check out their awesome projects!


Hope you get a chance to play along with these beautiful colors! Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

27 comments:

  1. Love your bird party and that one-of-a-kind one is special....I like the buttony detail, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an outstanding job with these colors, Sue! Just love how you matched the shades...LOVE everything about this card : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the row of birds, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this SuZZ!!! A Perfectly FAB Card....Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of this weeks colors. Cute idea to reverse the colors of one bird to go along with your sentiment - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous piece of work Suzz. Very innovative idea with the twine and the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUZANNE--this is STUNNING! I love love love it- I love how the birds are all the same but the 3D....and the buttons on the top- ACK--you are super creative! LOVE it:) As always:) YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Suzz, love your style. I ran out of time last week and didn't play along but I feel more inspired by this weeks colours so will find time, thanks for your constant inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've used the buttons and twine on this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ¡Que ideas se te ocurren!, por eso eres una artista, felicidades.
    Bss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzanne! I think the same of your Spanish speaking friend - how do you get these ideas?? This is simply inspirational - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Sue! You did an amazing job coloring all the chatty birds & I like how you popped the one up & made her 3D :) So happy you liked the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute with all those birds in line. Great detail with the buttons Sue ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful, Suzz! Love the cute birds and the odd bird.. the maples make the perfect background!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous idea to use the hero arts birds and put them on a wire, they look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is one of a kind, its gorgeous and I love how you have used the buttons too. The birds are lovely. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. holey moley, this is one gorgeous card! Looks like the view outside my window every morning. These colors are just incredible and the string and button detail is so fabulous!
    Love this!
    bless you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty bird image. I like the way you colored them. And the string/button accents are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a remarkable row of birds Suzanne, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh gosh those birds are gorgeous! What a perfect take on the challenge! Love it! Thanks so much for letting me play along with you girls the past 2 weeks!! It's been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG... this is stunning, Sue! Your cards are always so elegant, Love the row of birds and all the buttons!

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great colors and unique design!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful!!!! Using the colours and the bird theme.... what a combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, this is lovely Suzz!!! I love how you've done the twine with the buttons, but especially the way you've raised that little bird, SO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card, I love those colors, the buttons, and that special 'one of a kind' birdie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry I've been missing a few days Suzz. I had one of my little granddaughters to stay. Need I say more, Lol?

    This card is wonderful. You truly are fantastic inspiration for any crafter. The details you put on your cards are simply wonderful and things I would never dream of in a hundred years.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!