Saturday, January 22, 2011

Got Directions?

The challenge at  Wee Memories challenge this week is Anything Goes. The sponsor is iCopic which means the prize is fabulous! (Ciaos)

This is my card for the challenge:
I saw this sweet paper from October Afternoon called Campsite and then found the coordinating stamps. I usually don't do the cute animal images but I thought the bear and fox were so sweet in this set.

My favorite part of this card is the piece of map I cut up and folded in his hands to make it look realistic. My daughter said "but it is upside down!" Perfect touch as he looks so lost and you know he is not going to ask for directions. HA! 

All the paper is October Afternoon. The bear and sign post are stamped using Ranger Archival ink, Versafine Vintage Sepia  and colored with water and watercolor markers. The directions on the signpost are empty and you can write anything you want which I did trying to emulated the etched effect in the wood.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts but I think works perfectly with us getting lost sometimes in life. :) 

Hope your Saturday is going well... I have some fun news that I wanted to share.. I am very happy to say that I am joining the Design Team for Chapel Road Stamps at Class Act. I am looking forward to creating with their beautiful stamps. 


Thanks for stopping by... 

Suzz


17 comments:

  1. Everything coordinates beautifully and I love the little details like the map and the signs, they make all the difference. Fabulous fun piece and I love the tree. Congratulations on your new DT. I don't know how you fit everything in you're so busy LOL. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant as usual Suzz! Love the map and the writing on the sign looks as if it was part of the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - and even more so in IRL! It was fun watching you create and your thought process behind this fab card! BIG Congrats on your DT spot, your a great addition to their team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card - I like the real map paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, this is brilliant! The bear really does look confused and lost! What a perfect scene! Just adorable! I swear your creativity gets better with every card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally cute Suzz. A very cute scene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Every detail is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful, Sue! Love the map (and that it is upside down!).. Congrats on your new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. too fun! and so clever, too! love all the little details you added, Sue! fabulous card! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Sue, this is so awesome! I love the map detail and overall this is such a cute card. Thank you for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too cute.. I love those little images.. this one put a big smile on my face..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this! I love that bear holding the map--ACK! So so so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeee! SO cute! Love that bear holding the map!

    Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another one of your really 'clever' cards Sue. Very inspired idea for the map and a great sentiment too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo! So sweet! I love your little, upside-down map, too! It's perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's fantastic! I also love the Campfire line from October Afternoon!!! I just posted a project using it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness this is cute!! LOOOVE that map! Congrats on winning the fab ciaos! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!