Monday, January 17, 2011

Moxie Fab World - Gray is the New Black Challenge

Cath's latest Moxie Fab challenge is Gray is the New Black. The softness of the gray and using it as a neutral in place of black always changes the look of the card.  This Moxie Fab challenge inspired this card and me to create this:


I couldn't resist using the pink with the gray as I love those colors together.  

This card features all new Memory Box stamps from the What's In the Box 2011 release. For the next two weeks the Memory Box Design team is going to share projects using the new What's in the Box release  with a blog blitz over at the Outside the Box Blog. I used on my card a beautiful new stamp called Orchid Branch Print G1718 and Cocoa Bean Butterfly C1714. The sentiment  is Memory Box B1359 Very Best.

Everything is stamped using Versafine Smokey Gray and the edges were sponged with Memento London Fog. The coloring  is done with my watercolor pencils and waterbrush. Everything was accented with the white gel pen. 

I am off  to cut some card kits for my class today.  I hope you have a lovely day! 

Suzz

24 comments:

  1. Ooh I do like the grey stamping, think I will have to treat myself to a grey inkpad LOL. Lovely card, the pink works so well with the grey. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, love the pink and grey! The white gel pen really accents your lovely butterfly and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink and gray combo! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant !! I sure love the grey as the new black...your card says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! I love your touches of pink. very elegant design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so pretty and feminine. I love the flowers, the butterfly and all those pearls! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another amazing card, Suzz! These colors are so gorgeous together! Love the shading and beautiful white accents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo pretty! The butterfly does it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card.. The pink and grey go so well together. And I also love that little butterfly!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzz...I think is my favorite card that you have made... I {heart} everything about it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that orchid branch and how you colored it! So pretty with that GORGEOUS butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Suzz. Love pink and grey together and this is no exception. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, and you're right: pink and gray is a winning combo!
    Have fun teaching your class!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The soft grey and pink are so pretty Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so soft and elegant, Sue! gorgeous card! love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... a total wowzers, Sue! So elegant and soft, totally stunning! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love my Versafine Smokey Gray inkpad too and it is so pretty with this delicate pink especially for the lovely blossom image. A truly feminine card.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely stunning, Suzanne! Love this pink & gray color combination and your coloring, sponging and white accenting is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning!!! I love everything about this card, the softness, the colour combination, the flowers... just beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous and elegant! Love all of the pearls and those new images are heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just lovely, Sue! Beautiful orchids and butterfly.. wonderful watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!