Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's in the Box 2011 - Memory Box

I love the new Memory Box Orchid Branch Print stamp and wanted to showcase the flowers using a blue and brown color combination. I was inspired by some beautiful china that Kathy shared on her blog here.  Love the touch of color in the china and the soft sheen. I decided to try to emulate that with the Orchid Print. I did a version with cracked finish but it didn't turn out the way I wanted. So I might try that again later. :)

Here is what I created using the orchids.


For the next two weeks on Outside the Box you get to see the new What's in The Box Release 2011.  There are also prizes and great inspiration to be found.

The products used on this card are Brioche, French Toast, C1714 Cocoa Bean Butterfly, G1718 Orchid Branch Print, So Sweet, G1732 Hope Collage.

Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, so feminine with the touches of lace and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzz - love this colour scheme, so delicate and feminine. The flowers are so pretty, and the ribbon and lace are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Sue! Love the soft colors, patters, lovely flowers and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Love the color, trim, butterflies, the way your framed your flowers....HECK - I just LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The way you've distressed the frame makes it look padded and I love the colours. In fact I love everything about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The way you've distressed the frame makes it look padded and I love the colours. In fact I love everything about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so soft and pretty, I just love the soft blues and the flower lace! And the pretty butterfly.. So Pretty!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This color combo is so elegant! Beautiful card. . .love the lace edges! Big congrats on your Hero Arts win today, Suzz! Woo, hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Sue. Lovely and soft and the ink edging gives real depth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely soft subtle colours, I always love a blue and brown combination and it works wonderfully with this delicate image. Great piece as always Sue, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you wrapped the lace in the background, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink and Brown, Blue and Brown are two of my favourite combinations. You have created a wonderful piece of artwork. I love the delicateness of this and the frame looks padded - is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous colors and design, Sue! love the pretty details, too. love love this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a pretty card Suzz. I really love the lace on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suz when I come by your blog I could just spend hours looking at all your beautiful art, This is over the top gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!