I mixed the colors together and decided to create 2 cards from the one background. The other card is off for submission.
I made my family vote on which card was submitted and which ended up on the blog.
It was a close call as the other card has buttons and my older daughter doesn't like them very much on cards.. But this card ended up here.
- Pull a piece of glossy cardstock. Put 3 drops of lettuce alcohol ink on the felt on the applicator. Add 3 drips of blending solution. Smear the entire glossy cardstock using circular motions with green ink. Drip Blending solution directly on the inked cardstock in various places. Drip lettuce in various spots on the surface. Drip Butterscotch in various places on the cardstock. Bring back the blending solution and drip between colors to start the blend and the blurriness. At the end I put blending solution on a new piece of felt on my applicator and dab all over where I think the edges of my drips are too strong in color or don't blend well. It softens the background.
- Stamp the flowers using StazOn Ink (Timber Brown, Olive Green). Stagger the flowers to give different layers of wildflowers.
- Using the Signo Uni-Ball White Gel Pen outline the flowers and add details to make the flowers pop even more.
- The only other unusual thing on here was I used my brown StazOn ink to change the color of the ribbon. I had a orange sheer organza ribbon that was too orange for the colors I was trying to blend. I laid it down on scrap paper and smeared the ink pad on the length of ribbon needed to create a bow. This gave it a slightly iridescent look as it changes from orange to brown depending on the angle.
- Fred B Mullet - 205 - Clover Group
- Penny Black - 3360k Curlicue Penny Black
- Penny Black - 2666k Blush
- Penny Black 3367H Lace Flower Trio
- Hero Arts - Clear Design Anytime Messages
- StazOn Solvent Ink - Timber Brown, Olive Green
- RiboonFX - Hobby Lobby Orange Organza
- Fiskars - Threading Water Punch
- Brads - Unknown
- Spellbinders Nestabilities - Square Scallop
- Marvy Uchida Oval Punch
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Birds & Swirls
- Kaisers Pearls
Toodles... Have a favorite Second Cousin who would always say that. :)