The challenges I am linking this to are: Get inspired, Cut it Out, Cuttlebug and Resist This.
The owls are cut out. The inspiration is the card I cased. The resist is a wax paper resist technique.
I have never tried this so I was very excited when Daria raised this as a challenge. She also showed multiple examples of the the papers she created.
I created multiple sheets of the wax paper resist backgrounds, so don't be surprised if you see them coming back. Including the cuttlebug wax paper resist.
- The background the owls are stamped on is from a wax paper resist. I started with a piece of wax paper. I layed it on my new scor-pal (thanks Lisa.. a lovely birthday gift from my good stamping buddy) and I scored lines vertically and for part of the page I also scored horizontally.
- I took the score wax paper and placed it between 2 pieces of glossy cardstock with the glossy surface facing in on both pieces. I then covered it with a thin towel. I ironed on a medium setting with no steam. I had to iron for a few minutes.
- The beauty of this is you get two effects the cardstock on the bottom and the cardstock on the top. One of them will get a much softer impression.
- After I ironed and I could see the pattern on my cardstock, I took it back to the craft table and used my dye ink to smear over the surface. The owls and the owl background are smeared on the same sheet of cardstock but I used multiple colors to see what I liked the best. I buffed the excess ink off using a paper towel.
- Stamp the owls on the brown resist background with StazOn.
- Cut out the owls. Attach black gems for eyes and put white on the black gems with gel pen.
- Everything else was just cutting and rounding corners. Nothing too special.
- Memories Dye Ink Pad - Honey
- Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
- StazOn Olive Green, Timber Brown
- Hero Arts - A4942 Tiny Owl
- Hero Arts - Sparkle Design
- Hero Arts - H4946 Long Branch
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots
- Basic Grey - Phoebe
- Brown Ribbon - Unknown
- Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch
- Marvy Uchida Corner Rounder
- Hero Arts
Thanks for dropping in...