The Hero Arts Challenge http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2009/01/12/motivating-you-with-pockets/ is pockets. I wanted to make a clear pocket.... I had cut out these cute little hearts for the Kwerner color challenge last week and they were not used so I decided to pull them out.
The area with the pink background is the pocket. I put cranberry alcohol ink on the acetate to make a pocket that adds some color and texture but allows you to see the cute heart link inside.
The interesting part was after I made the three little hearts I linked them together using craft metal and I cut up a flat magnet and attached it to the back. So after I give the card they can pull out the linked hearts and hang it up on the refrigerator!
Recipe bits and pieces:
- Cut out using my sizzix die cuts.
- Stamped letters using versamark and heat embossed with light pink embossing powder.
- Letters are Making Memories Stickers. Stick on cardstock, sponge with red ink and cut out and pop dot.
- Using hole punch punch holes in top and bottom of each heart.
- Take craft wire and cut two 1" pieces. Using a rounded needled nose pliers bend around the end to get S hook.
- Hook the pieces together and tie ribbons on top and bottom. (I would swap top ribbon to a sturdy ribbon. Mine flops when I put it on the refrigerator)
- Acetate cut out and inked with red alcohol ink and blending solution.
- Attach pocket and use lace trim to cover adhesive.
- Hero Arts - Sandras Letter Background
- Hero Arts - DesignBlock - Wavy Leaf Design
- Versamark Watermark Ink
- Light Pink Embossing Powder
- Ranger Alcohol Ink - Cranberry and Blending Solution
- EK Success Adornments
- Red Craft Wire (Unknown)
- Sizzix Hearts Die Cut
- Magnet - (This was given out at a parade as advertisement. It worked great.. Thin, lightweight and easy to cut and glue dot onto the cardstock)
That's it... I hope you enjoyed it. Now I will put this away for valentine's day...